Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German Orals

• 27-01-2006 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭

How many sentences would you need on each picture?
    My grind's teacher just gave me two for every picture but my actual teacher gave me about 6 per picture.

????!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Well obviously the more you say the better but it's what level everyone is comfortable with. The main thing is that what you say is grammatically correct and sentence accurate and you can rememeber it! once you get the main points in each picture you should be fine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'd say at least four, but tbh some pictures you can't get four sentences on. like for instance last year when i done my leaving (you might have the same picture sets) there was one picture that had someone holding a mobile phone and you could read the text "miriam kannst du heute..." (or something along the lines) there's just not much you can say on that.

so add in as much as you can where you can... and good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

ya they've the same pictures as we had last year..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

I'd probably say 5 would be grand, if you dont feel comfortable with that then do learn as much as you can remember. I think 2 sentences would be the bear minimum though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭tinka

i think you're supposed to describe what's going on in 10-15 sentences (pretty sure that's what it says in deutsch fuer die muendliche pruefung - the oral book i have). had an oral the other day and i got "computerspielen statt hausaufgaben". was grand except for the questions on the issue in general...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭X-SL

hint: buy a german oral book with CD. It gives you the sentences (2 different versions I think) and then listen to the CD so you can say them right.

sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh, seriously thinking about getting that book, then rip the cd to you mp3 if you have one and listen to it on the way to school, it really helped me and i only started doing it a week before the oral so it's not that bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭X-SL

^good idea. :)

Advertisement