Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Mpeg/Avi/Wmv/Shrinker or editer

• 28-01-2006 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

ok i am having trouble ..say if i have two mpegs each of 400Mb is there any program (similar to dvd shrink) that i can use to shrink them to 350Mb each??without having to converting them
    it doesnt matter if its free or not

The video software i have
    dvd shrink
    dvd decrypter
    auto gardian knot
    winavi video converter
    xilisoft dvd ripper
    xilisoft video converter
    windows movie maker
    Iso Buster
    if you in return have any questions you would like answered about them^^ PM me

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Are the MPGs DVD complient?

If they are you could create a basic dvd with them...use DVD Shrink to get required size...and extract the new mpg from the dvd.

In fairness you'd be better transcoding to MPEG4 (Xvid, DivX, 3ivx, etc)

Do you just want to fit the onto one cd?

If they're S/VCD MPGs your good to about 800Mb on a cdr. (SVCD don't need the 100mb error correction)

Give use more info on the specs of the Mpgs...(Mpeg1or2, resolution, framerate)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭billstraighten

well there Mpeg2 and say if i wanted a few onto a cd (700Mb) and there 300Mb each or even 250 each i just really want a program to "shrink them like dvd shrink" or even recommend a good video editer

regards

DVDshrink will only work with a complient DVD ifo & VOBs.
    There's nothing like it for standalone mpgs.

So, if they're DVD spec MPGs, you could use it but you haven' said if they are.
    Open them in mplayer2 (start/run/mplayer2.exe) and goto File/Porperties and see.

EG:
    clipboard015cw.jpg

PAL DVD are gonna be 720x576
    PAL S/VCD are gonna be 480/576
    Pal VCDs are gonna be 353x288

NTSC specs are slighty different.

well say if they were avi files would there be a program to make them smaller or even a good video editer for them .

im thinking of :when u open a video on windows movie maker..do u know the way when u pick "save movie file" you can change the size

sumting that can do that but better than windows movie maker

thanks for all the help

Are they Avi's or Mpg's?
    I've loads of experience doing this. The source files will effect what method you use to do this.

• Advertisement

well i have one avi file thats 704 MB and i want it to fit on a cd without cutting anything out ..anything you would suggest

You could try overburning although all my cdrs are only good to 703mb.

There's nothing like dvdshrink for avi....you'd have to re-encode.

Is there credits you could cut from the end?

Use VirtualDubMod to cut them out.

vdub8sv.png

Open the avi and drag the slider till you reach desidered filesize. (1)
    Hit button 2 to set the start of the cut.
    Hit button 3 to move slider to the end.
    Hit button 4 to set the end cut point.

Hit Del on keyboard and those frames are cut out.

Set video to Directstreamcopy (Video/Directstreamcopy) and save as a new file.

finally something something easy, and i already had it, thanks a lot The Edge

i got that virtual dub mod along with vob sub and auto gk in one file and was all free

Nice one. ozzy2um.gif

now all i got to find out how to convert Mpeg 4 to dvd ..

i have tried winavi video converter but aint work or xilisoft video converter

anyone that can help me major thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement