Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Fabia central locking issue

Options
  • 28-01-2006 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭

This is my mother's Fabia.
    Everytime she locks the car from the drivers side the electric windows on both sides will open. If she locks the car from the passenger's side it doesn't do this. You can imagine how annoying this is.

Now, it doesn't do it all the time but say 80% of the time.
    The lock itself seems ok and to my knowledge was never tampered with.

Any ideas what could be the issue?
    I guessing the it's electical and the car needs to be 'plugged in' to find out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Probably a sticking lock. Does the car have the feature where you can open and close the windows by holding the key in the locked or unlocked position. If the key does not return to the normal position try some oil (WD40) in the lock

• Registered Users Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Ah, that makes sense.
    dingding wrote:
    Does the car have the feature where you can open and close the windows by holding the key in the locked or unlocked position.

I believe it does. I'll head over to her tomorrow with some WD40 and try it.
    Cheers for the suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Tried the WD40 today but it's still the same.
    You were spot on about the feature where you can close the windows by holding the key.

I think the lock in the door is just knackered. I see if I can remove easily to have a look.

Oh, and her clutch is on the way out as I found out today when I drove it.
    40,000miles!!! Women drivers eh? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Not familar with the car so I cant give any further advice, just the window thing rang a bell, you might be able to see the problem if you got the door panel, (internal) off and have a look at what is happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

that was happening on an Octavia i was driving for a while, barrel was stuck. never fixed it though, just was i little more gentle when unlocking!

• Advertisement
Advertisement