Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Mini pommes de terre" - how long to cook?

• 28-01-2006 2:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, pathetic I know. They're obviously teensy weensy potatoes.

Had them as part of dinner cooked for me lately so I thought I'd go and get some of my own, cosmopolitan and all as I am. Except I've no idea how long to boil them for (I assume they're generally boiled, I wasn't paying all that much attention) - with regular spuds I generally boil the crap out of them.

Figure in minutes would be good if someone can oblige, thanks, about a quarter kilo in total I guess. No, I'm not going to go back and ask, I've enough trouble with the aura of oddness that travels with me without confessing that I don't know how to cook a fecking mini-spud.

The really pathetic thing is that quite a few years ago I used to be able to cook wondrous things that weren't limited to stew and frozen crap (and more recently cheesecake). Give me a few weeks with a few cooking books and I won't be asking such stupid questions, honest

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I'd say about 6-8 minutes - depends on the size though!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

just stick a fork in em every few mins till you like how soft they have become. that's how my little sis does em and she is the master of the baby potato

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Bit late coming back with a "thank you" but thanks - turned out to be about 12 minutes and yes, I used a fork.

Advertisement