Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting VAT back

Options
  • 28-01-2006 8:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hello!

for my company, an Ltd with a VAT Id, I have payed a few German hotel bills in cash. Those bills include Germant VAT, which we would like to get back. Anyone knows to to do this?

Thanx,

Shatter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

As long as you got a VAT receipt then it's the same process you use as when claiming back Irish VAT. us all being in the EU.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 shatter

eth0_ wrote:
    As long as you got a VAT receipt then it's the same process you use as when claiming back Irish VAT. us all being in the EU.
    Who do I find out what to send and where to send it?

Shatter

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

shatter wrote:
    Who do I find out what to send and where to send it?

Shatter

Eh i've no idea, do you not have an accountant? I just send my invoices and VAT receipts to my accountant at the end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think you need to claim it back from the German tax authorities as you haven't imported anything into Ireland.

The Revenue used to be very slow on VAT reimbursements on hospitality (they used to charge VAT on staff canteens, even if the canteen was free), but this may have changed recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Hi shatter,

Just a quick note, over here you're not allowed to claim back the VAT on hotels so I'm not sure if you'll be able to claim it back. I think you'll have to contact the revenue and see what they have to say about it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement