Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

multiple avi files to one DVD

• 28-01-2006 12:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭

I have a number of seperate avi files, I was wondering whats the best way to get these all onto one DVD with some sort of menu.

Im thinking that i need to merge the avi's to one big avi using virtualDub or something and then somehow make chapters ??

Anyone got any ideas - and it needs to play in a bog standard old skool dvd player (it has no support for divx or anything fancy)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭billstraighten

well you could convert the avi's to dvd format then use dvd shrink to add them to one dvd ...the menu i honestly have no experience making menus

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Nero will do what you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Or this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

peckerhead wrote:
    Or this.

it leaves a watermark unless I buy it, doesnt seem to do any dvd menu options either.

so is the consensus to merge all the seperate avi files into one long file and then create the dvd menu after ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Have a read of this thread here.

If you were going to add the avi together as one avi they'd have to be the same resolution, video & sound codec, sameframerate and have the same audio frequency. So too much work involved there.

What I'd do is create seperate dvd compliant mpgs and use something like TMPGEnc DVD Author to create the menus.

Nero Recode will do this too as long has you have the right plugins installed.

Thinking about it you could create basic VOBs for each MPG (described in the above guide) and use DVDShrink to merge them together on one DVD.
    You'll be lacking any kind of menu though so the clips would play one after another.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭baz909

Hey you could convert the avi files to dvd using Vso's DivxToDvd

and then use Ulead's Dvd Creator to add your menu, layout burn this
    compilation as an Image file or Video_TS file

and follow this up with dvd shrink so that it will fit onto a blank dvd!
    burn this final compilation with dvd decrypter

this works great for me and ive tried everything else thats out there

any problems - give me a pm

*Edit*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Baz909, your help is appreciated, but don't offer software to people. If it's free to download, people can get it themselves, but if not, they can buy it. If I get a hint you're offering illegal software here, I'll ban you, no warnings.

John

Advertisement