Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mael Mordha on You're a Star

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

DOD Crew wrote:
    For anyone who missed their legendry performance on You're a Star

http://www.youtube.com/results?search=mael+mordha&search_type=search_videos
    That's pure gold, I was wondering if I'd ever get a chance to see it

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Yeah, I remember seeing that alright. Quality tv tbh! Couldn't believe it when I saw them on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

I take it they didn't get through then.

This is the problem with shows like You're A Star... You have Dave Fanning who obviously doesn't think the band are the people for the job but recognises the need for the show to be a little more interesting and gives them the go ahead. And beside him, two dozy little bitches who start sprouting this "well you're good for what you do, but not for Eurovision" ****e. Man alive it's a shame. If the Germans have the balls to send wacky off the wall acts to Eurovision why don't we?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭RefulgentGnomon

Great stuff! Was this last year's or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭tripper

classic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

haha legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Looks like they are playing in Voodoo soon, have to say what you see of them in those clips is enough to make me intreted enough to see what thier stage act is like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

aye, the lads said (on another forum) that the one appearance on "You're a Star" gave them more publicity then word of mouth.

It would have been great if they had gotten through - but instead as usual we (i.e. gob****es like Dave Fanning) decided to send untalented people forward instead of quite clearly far talented people (MM's rendition of Abba will haunt me to my grave :) )

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

That is feckin' class. Utter brillance. Wonder will Dancing Queen become part of their act :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Was talking to one of their guitar players the other night in Voodoo, they're playing there on the 2nd. I suggest everyone goes to see them, they're forking class and the stage show is something of an experience...

• Advertisement

Ph3n0m wrote:
    It would have been great if they had gotten through - but instead as usual we (i.e. gob****es like Dave Fanning) decided to send untalented people forward instead of quite clearly far talented people (MM's rendition of Abba will haunt me to my grave :) )
    Did you watch the clip? Dave Fanning wanted to send them through but was out voted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭DOD Crew

Yea they are playing Dublin, Cork, Limerick and Galway this week.

Thursday Feb 2nd – Voodoo Lounge, Dublin (with Mass Extinction, For Ruin, Minds Astray)
    Friday Feb 3rd - An Cruiscin Lan, Cork (with Mass Extinction, For Ruin, Ex Infernus)
    Saturday, Feb 4th, Dolans (Upstairs), Limerick (with Mass Extinction, For Ruin, Victim X)
    Sunday, Feb 5th, Richardson's, Galway (with For Ruin, Sacred Fire)

Lodgepole wrote:
    Did you watch the clip? Dave Fanning wanted to send them through but was out voted.

Dave Fanning wouldnt know his arse from his elbow - they probably need one token judge to like them so the other two could vote them out.

Seriously when was the last time Dave Fanning promoted something correctly and with enthusiasm? Iron Maiden - nope, he got most of his facts wrong, Metallica - he was practically licking the cheese from Lar's ****, and only concentrating on every album after the Black Album

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Dave Fanning wouldnt know his arse from his elbow - they probably need one token judge to like them so the other two could vote them out.

Seriously when was the last time Dave Fanning promoted something correctly and with enthusiasm? Iron Maiden - nope, he got most of his facts wrong, Metallica - he was practically licking the cheese from Lar's ****, and only concentrating on every album after the Black Album
    Dave's principle interests obviously don't lie with metal then... Regardless of that fact in the clips in question he wanted them to go through. You can be cynical and assume it was all for show (perhaps a band member can clarify what actually happened) but I personally doubt that.

And saying that Dave Fanning wouldn't know his arse from his elbow about music is ludicrous. The man may not have an encyclopedic knowledge about Iron Maiden but he is one of Ireland's most knowledgable DJs.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

tbh, he's the man who made U2 (amongst others in this fair isle) - take from that what you will...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

did they actually go back and play dancing queen??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭DOD Crew

did they actually go back and play dancing queen??

Yes! Is it not on the second clip?

DOD Crew wrote:
    Yes! Is it not on the second clip?

it is there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

i remember seeing that on tv... Fair play to them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

Been wanting to look into them for a while, quite impressed I must say.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Yeay, GIG TONIGHT in Voodoo Lounge!

*rawk*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

LMAO, that is brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Twas a good gig, I gots myself a nice longsleeve too :D
    Danke to Kharn for letting me crash on your couch man, t'was sehr nice.Apologise jesjes if you thought I was going to molest you in your sleep :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

where was it on??roisins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Wonder if their ever gonna play in the North, or at least somewhere within 60 miles of Fermanagh anyway, would love to see them live :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

you're a star ist krieg!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭direbadger

I missed them last weekend in Limerick (my own band were plaing so I have an excuse) and am v. dissapointed. Hopefully the Limerick metallers were out in force and the band'll be back soon...:)

Advertisement