Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancellation Fees

• 28-01-2006 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

I'm with UTV clicksilver and if I sign up for one of their new products I will be agreeing to a cancellation fee if I decide to move at a later stage. In my view, UTV are trying to milk their customers and at the same time ensure it will be expensive for anyone to move elsewhere as well.

Do other BB providers charge a cancellation fee after the first six months or is it just UTV?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Lionheart wrote:
    Do other BB providers charge a cancellation fee after the first six months or is it just UTV?
    No. Just UTV AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

UTV are truly something to behold!

Well I personially hope, as a Broadband operation, they go belly up as they appear to be making their money from those who are overdownloading(excess charging is commonplace) and those who wish to leave!

Their voice only products appear to be decent value....but thats where it ends Im afraid!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

UTV obviously think that this 'cute hoorism' approach to charges is very clever.

Firstly they wanted customers to commit to new 12 month contracts when the first round of bb reductions were introduced a couple of years ago; then they introduced a 'term and conditon' which never appeared in their terms and condtions requiring a 12 month contract to change between Clicksilver products (having previously stated on their website that it would only cost 15 euros to change downwards)

They have introduced this rip off departure charge and they have a very misleading statement about a 29.99 charge including a modem on their website.

Where has the old UTV gone?

Advertisement