Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I assume this is a typo?

• 28-01-2006 2:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

I'll be honest and say I dont remember this game. But I assume Bradley Wright-Phillips name is in the Irish team by mistake? Or it's a different BWP? I think he was only 15 at the time of the match. Henrik Larsson got a game too.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/match/season/1999-2000/may/64/teamsheet.htm

Maybe we were allowed 3 non Irish players? Cascarino is there afterall.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Man City allowed him to play as it was only a kickabout.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

On the subject of typo's I found this cracker a couple of days ago, it was on the official United site! Has since been changed though.
    In the second half United came out strongest. Van Nistelrooy was again denied his second foal, forcing a magnificent full-stretch save from Friedel on 49 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

It looks like more of a joke than a typo. :)

Alan Kelly (Dean Kiely 45'), Stephen Carr, Gary Breen (Robbie Keane 74'),
    Richard Dunne (Dominic Foley 64'), Steve Staunton [c] (Phil Babb 42'),
    Jason McAteer (Steve Finnan 45'), Mark Kinsella, Stephen McPhail
    (Kevin Kilbane 63'), Mark Kennedy, Niall Quinn (Tony Cascarino 59'),
    Robbie Keane (Damien Duff 53').

We certainly didn't start with 2 keepers. ;) Ex-Liverpool players McAteer and Kennedy started for Ireland as did Quinn. Can't be anything other than a joke. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    On the subject of typo's I found this cracker a couple of days ago, it was on the official United site! Has since been changed though.

I think you made that up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Llloyd Doyley?

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=26827

I wonder how he ended up in the shake-up?

(Also wasn't Stephen Elliott about 15 back then? :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

fade2black wrote:
    I think you made that up.

I think you can take a jump. :D

It was actually there, F365 mediawatch picked up on it too.

http://www.football365.com/features/mediawatch/story_175300.shtml

... scroll down to the heading "The Horse Whisperer". Apology accepted in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭RefulgentGnomon

I was at the Steve Staunton/Tony Cascarino testimonial game in Lansdowne around that time but I don't remember any 15 year old playing or anthing. I probably have the programme. I'll see...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

eirebhoy wrote:
    It looks like more of a joke than a typo. :)

Alan Kelly (Dean Kiely 45'), Stephen Carr, Gary Breen (Robbie Keane 74'),
    Richard Dunne (Dominic Foley 64'), Steve Staunton [c] (Phil Babb 42'),
    Jason McAteer (Steve Finnan 45'), Mark Kinsella, Stephen McPhail
    (Kevin Kilbane 63'), Mark Kennedy, Niall Quinn (Tony Cascarino 59'),
    Robbie Keane (Damien Duff 53').

We certainly didn't start with 2 keepers. ;) Ex-Liverpool players McAteer and Kennedy started for Ireland as did Quinn. Can't be anything other than a joke. :)

Am I missign somethign? Wheres the 2 keepers starting? Anyway teh team in teh link I posted was Breen, Carr, Dunne, Keane, Kelly, Kinsella, Larsson, McPhail, Murphy, Staunton, Wright-Phillips. With Babb, Cascarino, Doyley, Duff, Elliot, Finnan, Kiely on the bench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Stekelly wrote:
    Am I missign somethign? Wheres the 2 keepers starting? Anyway teh team in teh link I posted was Breen, Carr, Dunne, Keane, Kelly, Kinsella, Larsson, McPhail, Murphy, Staunton, Wright-Phillips. With Babb, Cascarino, Doyley, Duff, Elliot, Finnan, Kiely on the bench.

The team on that Liverpool page has Alan Kelly and Joe Murphy in the starting XI. Both are/were goalkeepers by trade.

• Advertisement
Advertisement