Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity's lame website - Oh they're so lame!

Options
  • 28-01-2006 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭

I've just been having a look around the website of The College of the Holy and Undivided Trinity of Queen Elizabeth near Dublin aka Trinity College Dublin. What a joke! Let's take a a look at what's on offer...

~ First of all, look at the facts and figures on show. Is that it? Five things? How boring! Who would go to this college eh? :D

~ Secondly, let's take a look at their library section for new students. Look at this bit:
    To help you get the most out of the Library during Freshers' Week, we have joined forces with IS Services to provide you with a training session entitled: Computing & Library Survival Skills: the essential tour & tutorial

Survival skills? It's a library! They're a gentle bunch down in Trinity! Their version of Librocop is probably some old lady with ginger snaps. :v:

~ Staying with things to do with their library, check out their library shop. Notice the book that they are most eager for students to buy? 'Irish History for Dummies'? Coincidence? I think not! ;)

~ And finally, what we care about most of all...the Trinity products. Let's have a look at the audio section. Here you can buy CDs from such musical greats as Mary Black, The Saw Doctors and Paul Brady (what do you mean who?). Trinity have such great taste in music!

How about the books you ask? Well let's take a look at the books in the 'humour' section. We find 'The Truth about the Irish' and 'The Little Buke of Dublin'. Why if you are going to stay in Trinity you must learn to laugh at those repulsive little Fenians! Her Majesty doesn't care for that sort! :)

You can also buy some souvenirs. I like the Graduation Teddy Bear. Just look how happy it is to have gotten a degree in Trinity! :D

But what we really care about though is the Trinity clothes. You need to look casual if you want to be a British gentleman or lady and you're well catered for here! How about the TCD Wool Ski hat? In their own words:
    It will keep you warm in the winter and help you look cool throughout the year, the TCD ski hat

Improve your masculinity by showing you go to Trinity!

I quite like the Undergraduate Scarf myself. Not only is it made of silk but it's one of those items of clothing that you feel pretty confident will never be stolen on you...

The ladies are well catered for too judging by this Body Fit T-Shirt and if this mannequin is anything to go by, Trinity women sure do have a fine pair of breasts!

So there you have it. Trinity is all its glory.

What is abundantly clear to me after checking that site is this...Trinity is crap and UCD rules!

Go UCD! :D :v: ;) :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

~ Staying with things to do with their library, check out their library shop. Notice the book that they are most eager for students to buy? 'Irish History for Dummies'? Coincidence? I think not! ;)
    You realise that's aimed at tourists right? Not students. As are most of the links you've posted. The library shop refers to the Old Library, where the book of kells is. Trinity tries to raise money for itself with overpriced "authentic" merchandise almost solely purchased by tourists. It has very little to do with the librarys we study in. It's a bit gaudy I'll admit, but it brings a hell of a lot of funding into the college which can't be a bad thing.
    What is abundantly clear to me after checking that site is this...Trinity is crap and UCD rules!
    shh.. it's ok. But I think it's quite time now *pats head

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

ApeXaviour wrote:
    shh.. it's ok. But I think it's quite time now *pats head

I love the irony here!:D

Oh you Trinners are just adorable.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Thread locked.

MNG, your obsession with Trinity is rather worrying. :p

Again, anymore of these threads will be locked. Its pointless and its petty and tbh, it just makes them look good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement