Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions

Options
  • 28-01-2006 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭

About 2 years ago I bought an Encore Electric guitar for around 200 euro. I started to learn but then life etc. got in the way before I got anyway (even learnt anything). So now I'm here and want to learn again. I know some of the basic chords and small parts of some songs.

What would be the best way to go about learning? Should I get a teacher or try learn on my own? What songs and easy to learn (and I don't mean easy for an advanced intermidate player, I mean easy for a new player who knows, as I said, just a few simple chords.

You can say "learn the chords first" etc. but I feel thats too boring. It doesn't feel productive. A song that includes the chords so that I would I can learn them while learning the song.

btw, songs with a rthyme or distinct sound would be the best so I know if I'm playing it right when I listen to the song. (like not covered with bass or drums)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Chris IS Cool

Try Tangerine by Led Zeppelin it uses fairly easy chords with small embellishments, for the verse parts anyway... I'd probably recommend getting lessons to start off with, that's what i did and it gives you a good enough grounding in the basics...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

What mightn't be a bad idea would be to teach yourself for a while, (maybe develop your own style a bit if that's what you'd like) then get some lessons to brush up your technique.

I suppose it all hinges on what exactly you'd like to do. Do you want to be able to strum a few chords to play at parties? Or do you want to be able to play lead, solo's etc.? Or are you interested in eventually writing your own stuff?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭X-SL

cool thanks. and well step by step obviously

Advertisement