Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned by Cult for a month - banned again for questioning it

Options
  • 28-01-2006 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Heres what went on :

I posted on the for sale section - and i offered above the asking price.
    I only offered once , and the none of the offers had yet been accepted.

I got banned for a month for this - i questioned CULT on it , and im now banned again (about 2 months later) for questioning this !!

What the hell is up with some of the mods ?? Thats now way to run a boards , and especially a for sale section. I read the charter and as faras i can see i didnt break any rules.It wasnt an auction , i made my offer on the sale and that was that.I didnt up my bid at any stage and the sale had not been agreed. The asking price is just a suggested price as stated in the charter - so why was i banned in the first place - AND WHY AM I NOW BANNED 2 MONTHS LATER FOR QUESTIONING IT ??

HERES THE LOGS :
    CuLT wrote:
    DjTaz wrote:
    CuLT wrote:
    DjTaz wrote:
    CuLT wrote:
    [CC: cgarvey; DjTaz; kc66; Samson;]

You are banned for one month from the For Sales category for breaching the rule against bidding.

PM me one month from today to have your access reinstated.

I'm entirely surprised at all of you, none of you are newbs, you have no excuse for not knowing the rules.

I assume this ban was revolked and we are all allowed into that section again - its just you sent me this message saying i was banned , but none to say that you changed your mind about it, or why you changed your mind ?

I didnt mean to upset anyone by offering over the asking price , but i didnt think that was against the rules.

I was just looking to get my hands on an item and my need was seemingly more than that of the others

... are we banned or not ?

You are banned, not knowing the rules is not a valid excuse.

I have read the rules and id like to know what rule i broke ?
    By posting a price, it gives people an idea of the price range you are expecting. You don't always have to sell it for that price.

I offered a price - and made just one bid - it happened to be over the asking price , but the above states this price isnt definate. The offer hadnt been accepted before i made the offer , so id like to know what rule i was breaking ?

Thanks.

The rule against auctions and bidding. It doesn't contradict with what you've quoted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hey, steady on the shift key there.

I don't quite understand the "banned again (about 2 months later)" bit, what's that all about? You were banned justifiably for a month for breaking the charter and then you PMd CuLT to get let back in after your month was up - you were unbanned and then you were banned again two months later? I can't understand your post tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭DjTaz

Gordon wrote:
    Hey, steady on the shift key there.

I don't quite understand the "banned again (about 2 months later)" bit, what's that all about? You were banned justifiably for a month for breaking the charter and then you PMd CuLT to get let back in after your month was up - you were unbanned and then you were banned again two months later? I can't understand your post tbh.

I was banned at the start of december - and its now near the end of Jan and i was able to browse the for sale section for the last 2 weeks , but all of a sudden i am blocked from that section again.

Can you please tell me what part of the rules i broke by making one offer on a bid - i didnt make two offers like one and as it stated the price was a suggested price and none of the prices had been accepted when i made my offer.
    After all a sale is legally defined as : an agreement (or contract) in which property is transferred from the seller (vendor) to the buyer (vendee) for a fixed price in money (paid or agreed to be paid by the buyer) - no agreement had yet been reached by anyone and as such the sale of the item was still on.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I think that you broke the rules by inciting an auction (I could be wrong as I'm not quite up to date with FS rules). Why are you explaining the legal definition of a "sale" to me? The FS charter is the one true legality we all need!

Tell me, did you ask CuLT to unban you? Because maybe he actually hasn't unbanned you yet as he is still waiting for you to remind him to unban you. Maybe you were viewing the FS fora due to a strange cookie quirkey. The best thing for you to do is to sit back, breathe out, relax, let the air drift back into your lungs, make a cup of tea and pm CuLT to ask him if you are still banned from FS (which you are - I checked) and if CuLT has just forgotten to unban you or you are banned a second time for another reason. Good luck, hope I helped!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭DjTaz

Just had the cuppa , and ill send Cult that message, but i only got his reply today and noticed i was once again banned when i got that reply.

As for breaking the rules by inciting an auction .. This is what is considered to be an auction : An offering of products or other items for sale where the buyer must bid against other potential buyers with no set price. This is in contrast with ordering from a catalog, price list, or advertisement at an advertised price.

There was an advertised price on the product and as such was not an auction. Seeing as the charter states that the price stated is just a suggested price , i dont see how offering more than that price as a once off could break the rules.
    I asked Cult about this and i got no real response as you can see except for a general reference to the rules - I would appreciate some form of response on this as i really dont know what exact rule i broke.

Thanks for the reply Gordon - you deserve to be a SuperMod, i thought the job of the mods is to look after the place , and to help out if people ask a question. I have asked for the exact rule i seem to have broken and have not got any answer back. I dont consider this to be good modding in any shape or form.

Advertisement