Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

O2 3G network

• 28-01-2006 4:04pm

If you use an unlocked 3G phone on the O2 3G network can you make video calls at all? Just wondering if it can be done.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

no you cant. their 3g network is only for a data card at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's not just data cards ... I put my O2 sim in a 3G phone the last day and got 3G speeds for my video download :)

But no, it doesn't support Video Calling...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

ciaranfo wrote:
    It's not just data cards ... I put my O2 sim in a 3G phone the last day and got 3G speeds for my video download :)

But no, it doesn't support Video Calling...

I have talked with you about this before; the o2 network is ready for 3g in certain areas it hasn’t been launched officially yet. At the moment o2 only have the 3g Data card officially for 3g.this is all to change in the next few weeks they are going to launch there full 3g range of handsets, now how much marketing is been done to promote it is undecided yet ;) I know one of the handsets confirmed will be the Samsung S500i which is interesting phone that im testing at the moment. It will support the video calling when launched of course.

O2 have already got a 3G handset on sale (Samsung Z320i)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

ciaranfo wrote:
    O2 have already got a 3G handset on sale (Samsung Z320i)

You are right i actually forgot about this :eek: its really marketed as a imode phone same with the s500i the sales people in the shop are not selling this as a 3g handset, believe me but fair play i forgot about that one.

• Advertisement

Imode at 3G speeds ... now all it needs is some real video content :) And the s500i isn't 3G I thought ...

I'm thinking of switching to O2 Active Life 40, hence why I asked. Well if 3G is coming soon I think I might do it in a few weeks time. :)

I'll just keep my Nokia 6680, can't find another phone that matches it.

I had a play around with a N70 the other day ... it's like the 6680 but it feels a lot less "blocky" and just has a general "smooth" feel to it. Maybe that's one worth considering. I think Vodafone have that out already? The guy who's N70 I was using bought it SimFree so I'm not sure on it's availability ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

ciaranfo wrote:
    I had a play around with a N70 the other day ... it's like the 6680 but it feels a lot less "blocky" and just has a general "smooth" feel to it. Maybe that's one worth considering. I think Vodafone have that out already? The guy who's N70 I was using bought it SimFree so I'm not sure on it's availability ...

the n70 is smaller than the 6680. i directly compared them the other day. if you can get the n70 cheap or get a good price for your 6680 go for it. but theres no point spending 100-150 on the n70. its not that much better

Advertisement