Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Just installed OperaMini on 6230?

• 28-01-2006 4:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭

I just downloaded the mail/internet settings from Nokia.ie onto my phone (Nokia 6230), and then installed Opera Mini.

Does anyone know how I should be setting this up? Basically I want to have my phone set to automatically open opera when I want to connect to the net, and also, I want to know the best settings to use for the connection. I've heard scary stories about people connecting via WAP or whatever and being charged high prices per KB. At that rate a homepage would cost about €10 just to bring up on screen. Is there a cost effective way to browse the internet on a phone or was I wasting my time downloading Opera?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭deco05ie

im not to sure but if you have wifi you should be able to just stream it to your phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

Just checked my bill today online. I only set-up the bloody thing and it cost me €2. All I did was get google.ie loaded. What a rip-off!!

Is there any other (cheaper) way to get the web on your mobile?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

First off, you cannot set a "default browser". Opera Mini is just a Java applet, like any other, so when you want to use it you have to go to Application menu and start it from there.

Second. Data on any phone network is very expensive. It always has been and that's not going to change anytime soon by the looks of it. Sad, I know. :(

If you really want mobile browsing but not the bill then you might have to wait for...

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-n80-en.shtml

- Neil

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I used opera to check my flickr page and it (surprisingly) only cost 19c (VF RTG). Though it has cost more on other occasions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

theothernt wrote:
    ...you cannot set a "default browser". Opera Mini is just a Java applet, like any other, so when you want to use it you have to go to Application menu and start it from there...
    Ah, I see. I thought there may have been a way to configure the right selection key ('hot key') to bring up the browser. You can ge it to bring up the calculator and a few others but that's it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement