Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site Notice

Options
  • 28-01-2006 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have just put planning permission in. The site is on a cul-de-sac. Do I need to put a site notice at the entrance of this cul-de-sac or is the one outside the proposed site enough. This road is a public road as I know the local county council resurfaced it last summer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Ginger83 wrote:
    Hi, I have just put planning permission in. The site is on a cul-de-sac. Do I need to put a site notice at the entrance of this cul-de-sac or is the one outside the proposed site enough. This road is a public road as I know the local county council resurfaced it last summer.
    Normally a site notice at the front of the propert at the road side is sufficient

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It has to read legible from the public road, you should also have marked the position on your application.

This may render your application invalid and/or you need to resubmit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭Ginger83

But the cul-de-sac is a public road, the council are responsible for the upkeep of it, mains water service runs down along it and they resurfaced it last summer,would I be right in saying this?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Those would be good indications of it being public, yes.

Do other people use it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭Ginger83

It is used by the property owners there but also farmers, walkers, horse riders and hunters. My architect never suggested anything other than one notice, I just wasnt sure

• Advertisement
Advertisement