Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

allergic to condoms???

• 28-01-2006 5:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

the last few times me and my boyfriend had sex i get this burning feeling during sex & afterwards wen i go to the toilet. weve only had sex about 7-8 times and it has been fine the first few times.

we used different condoms the last couple of time , and they had lubricant on them i was just wondering if this might be the problem maybe im allergic to it or something. im hopin it is cos my only other idea is that it could be an STI but we were both virgins wen we started going out and weve always used protection everytime.

any suggestions? thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It is possible that you are allergic to laytex it is unusuall but not an uncommon allergy but you are best going to your dr and getting it checked out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Have you tried using non latex condoms. Durex make them not sure which colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

There are all kinds of chemicals in the lubricants on condoms. I read something about them a while ago which made me shudder.

Or it's simply the latex (as stated above.)

Or maybe the sex is too rough and your vagina is too sensitive... as you said, you've only had sex 7 or 8 times. That's pretty much nearly no sex. So maybe your vagina is still adjusting.

Is going on the pill and not using condoms an option?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

It sounds to me like it might be cystitis. It is quite frequently caused by transfer of bacteria during sexual intercourse, but is not classified as an STI. It's not serious and can be easily treated, so don't worry. See the following link for information and to check your syptoms. http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/facts/cystitis.htm
    Then, if you're experiencing any of those symptoms, get thee to a doctor, who will prescribe you with the appropriate medicine. Other than that it may just be a simple allergy to latex, as people have already mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

unreg_2225 wrote:
    the last few times me and my boyfriend had sex i get this burning feeling during sex & afterwards wen i go to the toilet. weve only had sex about 7-8 times and it has been fine the first few times.

Sounds more like an infection TBH. Doesn't necessarily have to be an STI, you could just have an infection.

Don't assume you are alergic to latex without talking to a doctor, because it might be something else. This happened to an ex-gf of mine, turned out it was nothing to do with the latex. As far as I know latex alergy is not that common, where as getting an infection down there is.

Go see a doctor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Definately go see a Dr.....burning while peeing is a sign of UTI or infection.....some of which are not necesarrily "caught" from a someone you have sex with but an infection such as thrush can develop even if you have never had sex - but any infection, vaginal or urinary, needs to be treated asap......if your tests come back clear, then you can start illiminating allergies to latex or ingredients in the spermacide & lubricant.....hth :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Honeymoon cystitis sounds like the most likely cause here. Allergy to latex is possible, and allergy to spermicide (most lubricated condoms have spermicide, generally nonoxynol-9, on them) is quite common.

To be sure though, go to a doctor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I had the same problem when I first had sex. The doctor just treated me for cystitis and I never had a problem again. I do avoid lubricated condoms though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

It's worth noting that if you do have a problem with one lubricant, you may be okay with another, especially if the first lubricant contained spermicide.

Advertisement