Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re: DAY OUT ON THE BOYNE!!!!!!!

Options
  • 28-01-2006 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

This is going to be a great day out for all ages, anyone who wants to learn more about the Boyne and nature conservation or just anyone who wants to have a fun day in their wellies!

World Wetlands Day – Boyne Estuary Ramsar Site
    4th February 2006 – 12:30 sharp to 2:30

Coastwatch invites you to the Wetland Centre Sod Turning Ceremony, followed by short fieldtrips and activities for all ages at the Coastwatch Boyne Fields

Discover our Beautiful Boyne - From here I see, hear and smell…

Group activities led by local and national experts -

* Birdwalk – what’s here and why?
    * Mussels, Salmon and Boats – fisherman’s tales
    * Hedgerow walk - how to plant a native species wildlife hedge
    * Birds feed, rest, shelter and shout – let’s see if we can spot them.
    * Grassland management and golf links sods - the organic way – win:win
    * The Boyne, saltmarsh, mudflats and channels – how cool are estuaries?
    * Planting to celebrate World Wetland Day and symbolize future hopes – Mairead McGuinness, MEP and of Ear to the Ground,leads the planting.

Bring:- your friends and family (all ages and abilities), warm clothes, wellies, a flask with a hot drink, notebook & pencil, binoculars if you have them. A spade, shovel or symbolic spoon to join in the planting/ sod turning.

Contributors:- Meath Leader, ‘Solearth’, Coastwatch, Birdwatch, An Taisce, local fishermen and Boyne experts.

Location:- Coastwatch Boyne Fields are approx a mile beyond Mornington Village, coming from Drogheda, on the left hand side, on the low/coast road. Look out for a row of houses on the left with a flower / gift shop in the middle - there’s a lane a couple of houses beyond this (opposite Mornington Court). Follow lane down approx 150m. Will be signposted on the day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

I have my wellies ready! Brought the kids to the last dig and they had a great time. See you all there.

ding

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

ill bring my sash

Advertisement