Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic Albums BBC 2 Friday Nights

• 28-01-2006 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Just a note to say you missed Motorheads Ace of Spades which was on last night but next friday sees the spotlight tuned on Disraeli Gears by Cream
    MUSIC: Classic Albums
    Channel: BBC 2 Northern Ireland (Digital) 106
    Date: Friday 3rd February 2006
    Time: 23:35 to 00:25 (starting in 6 days)
    Duration: 50 minutes.
    Cream - Disraeli Gears.
    Series looking at the creation of some classic rock albums. Arguably the first supergroup, Cream featuring Ginger Baker, Jack Bruce, Eric Clapton, lyricist Pete Brown, artist and lyricist Martin Sharp, producer Felix Pappalardi and legendary engineer Tom Dowd, achieved massive worldwide success and ensured their place in rock's hall of fame with Disraeli Gears in 1967. With interviews musical demonstration, acoustic performance and archive footage.
    (Widescreen, Subtitles)

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=13036
    Copyright GipsyMedia Ltd.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

mike65 wrote:
    Just a note to say you missed Motorheads Ace of Spades

no I didn't :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

i did, but will be watchin next week, thanx man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Fantastic. I hope they do a good run of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Queen: A Night at the Opera was highlighted two weeks ago in the same series - good show. The Disraeli Gears one will be good though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

It's a great series, though we only have the Irish channles in this house :( The Iron Maiden - Number Of The Beast and Judas Priest - British Steel epsiodes are quite amusing, though the best two that I've seen are, brace yourselves, U2 - THe Joshua Tree and Paul Simon - Gracelands.

I'll get my coat :v:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭munky

Its been on before, but I've only see Motorhead and the Black Album ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

There are quite a few eps available on DVD, iirc. I have the black album and number of the beast editions.

Advertisement