Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Large Case?

Options
  • 28-01-2006 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭

Whats the best, money no object big case? Am putting in a 2 loop watercooling solution, 1 loop for the GPU and 1 for the CPU.

Am currently going to wait for the Stacker 2, out soon, but just saw this on komplett

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=302449&view=detailed

any thoughts.

Inqui

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

http://www.teschke.de/heatpipes/Neues/Gehause/Air_Design_Cases/Lian_Li_V_-_1200/Lian-Li-V-1200-gesamt-offen-b2-gr-ss.jpg :D , nice case, seen some sick setups with this case over at Hard Forums.

I dont like the 2 80mm fans on the back of that silverstone, would prefer 120mm. Build quality looks good though.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=947868&page=1 - have a flick through this worklog, give you an idea of what the lian li can do :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

ive heard some good reviews about this

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=311800&cks=PRL

and this

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=306029&cks=PRL.

but what really took me by surprise was how good this case turned out to be
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=311890&cks=PLC

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I have a Therm Shark already, great case, but not enough room for 2 WC Loops.

Case needs to be massive :o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Inquitus wrote:
    I have a Therm Shark already, great case, but not enough room for 2 WC Loops.

Case needs to be massive :o)

That lian li case is massive! Someone at Gamecon had one and i couldnt believe he was carrying it around :eek: , its like a small fridge.

Thanks Enduro, will have a butchers at that work log later.

The New Stacker looks the mutts too tho....anyone know when it's avail? I just see preorder and no firm date everywhere I look

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

http://www.silverstonetek.com/products-tj07.htm

Silverstones new case.. The lian li is class but pricey.. so is the silversont tho. Case doesn't need to be huge for 2 loops, mine isn;t huge but i'll have two loops in it..

http://www.xcase.co.uk/

tonnes of cases there so u should find something..

Inquitus wrote:
    Thanks Enduro, will have a butchers at that work log later.

The New Stacker looks the mutts too tho....anyone know when it's avail? I just see preorder and no firm date everywhere I look

Its in the states should be avail in europ soon enough.. The old one would be better tho.. the new one isn't as big.. Doens't have space for a 2nd psu which was V handy for Wc gear..

holy crap that new stacker is one sexy case *wet feeling in pants*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Yep the CoolerMaster Stacker 830 is definitely one to wait for, Its been released but there are stock issues so its very hard to get it.
    Keep an eye here , Overclockers are usually good for getting stock in asap.

Edit: A nice video review here

Looks nice but i wouldn't get one... Last one was much better for WC, lot less options in this one. Tricky fitting a rad to the top(unless its a single) u'd get one at the front easy and i know someone is gonna say ud get rads on the side pannel but it'd look crap n wreck ur hed if u wanted to work on ur pc..

• Advertisement

so inquitus does that mean u would off-loading a therm shark if u wer getting a new case :D

so inquitus does that mean u would off-loading a therm shark if u wer getting a new case :D

Dont buy a shark, they're dangerous :p:p buy my wavemaster.. Thats a whole different thread tho

oh..... so its the old *cough* thats ****e.... buy mine *cough* technique is it unclerosco ;)

i must say though that wavemaster is a nice case though.... no shane dont give into teptation..... god help us all, shane dont do it!! wont somebody please think of his bank account!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

you should get a mountain mods U2FO (i think!) fom there site (google) and get it custumised by them for you :) Dubdvd i think has one its like a bix black KOOL box :P check in the pictures sticky to find his

You can buy the shark if you like shane, only thing is it has a nice double rad hole in the top.......handy if you are using WC, kinda sh1te otherwise :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

i have a black thermalt armour. got it off komplett. very big, i mean very big. i am sure you would have enuf room for water cooling there...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

i personally dont like the new stacker at all, also the mountainmods case can be a bit too big for most people , even with a load of wc gear in it, an old staker would be fine for the job :D

I am gonna go for the mountain mods.

A big solid case like that is no prob for me, am gonna do the 2 loop watercooling thing, and use a peltier and the DangerDen pelt block on the CPU, smear oodles of Dielectric grease everywhere and really push this 4400+.

Will have a seperate PSU for the pelt mounted (probably) in a 5.25 bay.

Will be buying all the bits this week.

Inqui

Inquitus wrote:
    I am gonna go for the mountain mods.

A big solid case like that is no prob for me, am gonna do the 2 loop watercooling thing, and use a peltier and the DangerDen pelt block on the CPU, smear oodles of Dielectric grease everywhere and really push this 4400+.

Will have a seperate PSU for the pelt mounted (probably) in a 5.25 bay.

Will be buying all the bits this week.

Inqui

ouch peltier, not go for proper phase? :D

• Advertisement

gline wrote:
    ouch peltier, not go for proper phase? :D

Cost issues Gline...I have 1 babbins and another on the way :o) The diff is about 400 - 600 yoyos. If I saw a 2nd hand one on boards I'd be interested, but not new.

Maybe you could take some time to explain the benefits of Phase to my missus :D

Inquitus wrote:
    Cost issues Gline...I have 1 babbins and another on the way :o) The diff is about 400 - 600 yoyos. If I saw a 2nd hand one on boards I'd be interested, but not new.

Maybe you could take some time to explain the benefits of Phase to my missus :D

well peltier setup aint cheap and more dangerous

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Id wait around for the Ocz unit to come out, its supposed to be 300-400 euros cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

I wouldnt touch peltier with a 40 foot pole. Imagine the HEAT it's gonna dump into whatever room your PC is in! and also your poor power bill.

I assume you'd be going for a ~250 watt pelt to cool a 4400+? That is one obscene amount of heat/power.

Advertisement