Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't access websites...

• 28-01-2006 5:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,724 ✭✭✭✭

This seems like a strange thing to me, but here goes:
    I have to Mac's at home, connected through an Asus WL-500G wireless router --> standard Eircom BB modem.
    Lately, I have been getting the following message when I try to access some sites:
    • The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
      moments.
    • If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    • If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
    I get the exact same thing with Camino, too:(

I didn't change any settings on my router; most sites still work, and I can still use Torrents fine (although they seem slower).
    The only thing I think may have done any weird stuff is, possibly, PeerGuardian for OSX -- am I right in thinking that? And if so, how can I view those sites again, or uninstall PG?

Thanks for any help
    Kiki

ps: the sites I can't access are:
    www.escapistmagazine.com
    www.crucial.com
    www.penny-arcade.com
    www.microsoft.com
    www.apple.com
    www.thisspartanlife.com (Halo machinima)
    there may be others, too...

*edit*
    I've fixed it -- found the answers on the official :rolleyes: forum; just some faffing around with allowing email address and such.
    Now to see if I can blame Adium not working on PG...

Advertisement