Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

actuarial studies in ucd?????

Options
  • 28-01-2006 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

does anyone have feedback on the actuarial and financial studies course in ucd whats it like? i like maths and economics so am puttin it down on the form unless i get a sudden change of mind.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

If you like Maths and Economics, I'd take a look at Economics and Finance. Similar degree, but only 3 years long with final year focusing on Maths, or Economics, or Finance.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Slippers

It's not personal feedback but here are the Commerce booklet, Horizons page and Statistics Department site in case you don't have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Mini_Moose

i'm a first year in the actuarial course. so far we are in many of the same classes as economics and finance but that will chance next year. i think its pretty good but i guess i can't really offer any huge insight since i am only in first year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Young Siward

If you like both maths and economics, you can do just that in arts. They share a good deal of the same lectures as the E & F and the Actuarial courses.
    One advantage of doing either of those courses is that you're in a group of 40 who stick together....if that's you're thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 timcraft.tk

I'm currently a 1st year AFS in UCD... I was juts like you around this time last year (CAO thingie), I thought this is like the toughest course there ever is.. But believe me, it is very enjoyable (if u like maths) and the exams are just :rolleyes: But I've heard 2nd year is gonna be totally different though (I've actually previously post this question about what 2nd yr AFS is like but didn't get a very good responds)... still, if you get the required points on your leaving, then you're qualify!!

Hi Mini_moose,

• Advertisement
Advertisement