Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lotto win, she never told me !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Zulu wrote:
    Bit of a leap there don't you think - or do you know something we dont?

Yeah, it's actually me. I spent the €5k on scratchcards ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Miss Fluff wrote:
    Thing is, I actually know someone ferreting away money in this very manner so she can make her exit when the time is right....sad and cynical but true.
    If she not a victim of abuse, I'd have to ask why is she doing this? To me, it's dispicable.

Separation and divorce laws are there for a reason, and have been known to favour the woman. At the very worst, it'll come out 50/50. Why would anyone feel the need to squirrle away?

Anyway, as depressing as that taught is, these scaneros have very little to do with the OP. They have had, untill now a happy family and get on great (that's all we know).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

seamus wrote:
    Women don't "forget" to tell you things. Something like this is gossip/news and women retain this information like a camel retains water.

I don't think its women remember while men forget, i think its more along the lines of men really don't care.

It is the "Whats yours is mine and whats mine is my own" factor.

Do you think for 1 second that if it was a man that won 5K on the lotto, "forgot" to tell the wife and spent it on "bits and pieces" that he'd be still capable of having children ?

I go abroad all the time with work and God help me if i can't account for every single penny when i come home. Its "Our" money i'm spending over there while its "her" money that pays for her nights out or pays part of bills.

i.e > "My money" towards the bills is know as "our" money, her money is "her" money.

I've gone out with a good few girls and every one of them have being the same. They hide and keep ahold of their own money, spend "Ours" (MINE!!) and then fall back on "their own" if needs be.

Then again i think it probably works out for the best at the same time because i'd be more then capable of spending a months wages on fags, beer and magic beans within a week. She keeps me from doing so :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭klash

seamus wrote:
    Women don't "forget" to tell you things. Something like this is gossip/news and women retain this information like a camel retains water.

I don't think its women remember while men forget, i think its more along the lines of men really don't care.

It is the "Whats yours is mine and whats mine is my own" factor.

Do you think for 1 second that if it was a man that won 5K on the lotto, "forgot" to tell the wife and spent it on "bits and pieces" that he'd be still capable of having children ?

I go abroad all the time with work and God help me if i can't account for every single penny when i come home. Its "Our" money i'm spending over there while its "her" money that pays for her nights out or pays part of bills.

i.e > "My money" towards the bills is know as "our" money, her money is "her" money.

I've gone out with a good few girls and every one of them have being the same. They hide and keep ahold of their own money, spend "Ours" (MINE!!) and then fall back on "their own" if needs be.

Then again i think it probably works out for the best at the same time because i'd be more then capable of spending a months wages on fags, beer and magic beans within a week. She keeps me from doing so :(

Zulu wrote:
    If she not a victim of abuse, I'd have to ask why is she doing this? To me, it's dispicable.

Anyway, as depressing as that taught is, these scaneros have very little to do with the OP. They have had, untill now a happy family and get on great (that's all we know).

Don't know to be honest. The woman I know who I referred to earlier is being subjected to psychological abuse. She is dependent on him for money, so is putting some by until she is ready to leave him, which we are hoping she will do sooner rather than later.

Anyway, back to the point, agreed, no point in becoming embroiled in assumptions when we don't know the intricacies of the situation. To the OP, I'd advise you to ask her again. You deserve an explanation, although you mightn't like what you hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭shmaido

I'd say no sex for a week mate, gasp shock horror I hear you all say but you mark my words, she'll crumble, oh yes, crumble I say.....mwahaha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Please, everyone, lets not bring this thread into the realms of women vs men.

Woah. woah, woah - I never said nothing about "Psychological abuse". Please fix your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Afrosticks

Dump her man.

the poor soul is working like a mad thing...while she schemes behind his back.
    a real woman would have been up front about it and thrown it into the household funds...regardless of whether she is gonna leave him....considering he has been supporting the family for years.

Dump her.

And who's gonna touch a single mother?..:eek:
    ugh...not me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭toffeapple

Miss Fluff wrote:
    Yes, psychological abuse. She is dependent on him for money, so is putting some by until she is ready to leave him.

Agreed, no point in becoming embroiled in assumptions when we don't know the intricacies of the situation. To the OP, I'd advise you to ask her again. You deserve an explanation, although you mightn't like what you hear.

i think the HE is the victim of psychological abuse..if you look at his post he tries to defend her mentioning affection....is this the best thing he could think off to create a positive image of her so we didnt instantly damn her.. i work with a guy who's like this his wife is crazy and really unreasonable he is totally detroyed as a man....the fact that he didnt evn confront her about a massive issue like this shows he is afraid of her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Miss Fluff wrote:
    Yes, psychological abuse. She is dependent on him for money, so is putting some by until she is ready to leave him.
    Sorry, but I don’t understand - is her dependency the psychological abuse or are you theorising that there is another, presently undefined, psychological abuse at play here?
    Agreed, no point in becoming embroiled in assumptions when we don't know the intricacies of the situation.
    In fairness, you’re the biggest culprit of that here from what I can see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭lazydaisy

Its called economic abuse. Its hard to say here which party is victim and which is the perpetrator. To make someone completely dependent on you financially is economic abuse but to steal money from the family is also economic abuse. Economic abuse is often considered a sub category of emotional abuse, so that is where Miss Fluff I think is coming from. [Correct me if Im wrong Miss Fluff]

Saying that, if she is staying at home raising his kids, well then, there is one argument that she has contributed labour you cant put a price on. She is not salaried, she is supported for this financially, this is not "generosity" on the part of the provider; it is the model for the traditional marriage.

But she won the lotto, it is her money. Im wondering why she didnt feel she could share this news with her husband, probably the only one has the answer to that. This seems to be what is bothering the OP, not the money, but the lies.

Think about why people lie: A) For vanity-to cover up shame. B) Because they dont want to deal with your reaction of you told the truth c) Because the truth is none of your business.

So what has happened in your marriage to create such an environment.

By the way OP being affectionate and representing that here is also a way of painting a good picture of himself which may or may not bear any resemblence to the reality of the situation.

I have several questions:

How did OP find the letter?

What does OP want? Receipts? What exactly does he need to feel satisfied?

Has OP looked at the bank statements? Was the cheque lodged in the bank? What do the withdrawal patterns look like?

Sorry, but I don’t understand - is her dependency the psychological abuse or are you theorising that there is another, presently undefined, psychological abuse at play here?

In fairness, you’re the biggest culprit of that here from what I can see.

If you had bothered to read my posts dearie I said I know someone who is actually doing this, and it was merely an aside to a previous post. This was in no way a reference to the OP or his wife who are in fact random punters and whom I know nothing of, something I will freely admit to.

lazydaisy wrote:
    Its called economic abuse. Its hard to say here which party is victim and which is the perpetrator. To make someone completely dependent on you financially is economic abuse but to steal money from the family is also economic abuse. Economic abuse is often considered a sub category of emotional abuse, so that is where Miss Fluff I think is coming from. [Correct me if Im wrong Miss Fluff]

Saying that, if she is staying at home raising his kids, well then, there is one argument that she has contributed labour you cant put a price on. She is not salaried, she is supported for this financially, this is not "generosity" on the part of the provider; it is the model for the traditional marriage.

But she won the lotto, it is her money. Im wondering why she didnt feel she could share this news with her husband, probably the only one has the answer to that. This seems to be what is bothering the OP, not the money, but the lies.

Think about why people lie: A) For vanity-to cover up shame. B) Because they dont want to deal with your reaction of you told the truth c) Because the truth is none of your business.

So what has happened in your marriage to create such an environment.

By the way OP being affectionate and representing that here is also a way of painting a good picture of himself which may or may not bear any resemblence to the reality of the situation.

I have several questions:

How did OP find the letter?

What does OP want? Receipts? What exactly does he need to feel satisfied?

Has OP looked at the bank statements? Was the cheque lodged in the bank? What do the withdrawal patterns look like?

What does he need to feel satisfied?? an explanation would help ..from her...you can't justify dishonesty....don't make assumptions about the OP..the only thing we know is that she hid a large sum of money from him and wouldn't provide an explanation...deflecting attention from this won't rationalize her behavior so don't attempt to.

lazydaisy wrote:
    From the OP’s information, no one is being made completely dependent. It’s a choice - a compromise - made for, apparently, practical reasons. For all we know, it may have been her idea (I know two couples where the husband would have much preferred for the wife to continue working and it was the wife’s choice not to).

The whole socio-economic pooling of resources and responsibilities is kind of the idea behind marriage, after all.
    I partially agree. However from his perspective he has agreed to a compact whereby all that he earns is communal. That would include not just money earned from salary, but from other means too.

Presumably she is a signatory to all their accounts and credit / debit cards. This in itself would kind of kill off the theory that she has no financial means herself - or at least she has no fewer than him.

In withholding the lotto win she broke that compact. That was as great a betrayal as any lie she told to cover that up.
    It may be A or B, but it is not C. If he is putting all his money in the family pot, he has every right to know why she is not.
    True, but then if we assume the worst of him we’re simply jumping to conclusions based upon our own prejudices. Unless we have evidence to the contrary we have to assume that he is indeed an affectionate, considerate and reasonable man, as this would (given what we know) be the most reasonable assessment. It may be based simply upon his account, but we have to take it at face value (after all, it could all be a troll too) - and it would not be unreasonable to do so.

Simply assuming that he is anything but that at present is probably misandry, TBH.
    Miss Fluff wrote:
    If you had bothered to read my posts dearie I said I know someone who is actually doing this, and it was merely an aside to a previous post.
    I read that petal, but in applying that case to this you’re still making a number of sweeping assumptions. I could argue that he’s beating her based upon my once knowing a couple where the husband beat the wife - but that would also be jumping to conclusions.

I would note that even in the case you cited, it might be understandable what the woman is doing, but it would not morally justify it. I pointed that out in a response you seemed not to have read.
    This was in no way a reference to the OP or his wife who are in fact random punters and whom I know nothing of, something I will freely admit to.
    Of course it was, it was an inferred reference, tesoro.

I would note that even in the case you cited, it might be understandable what the woman is doing, but it would not morally justify it.........Of course it was, it was an inferred reference, tesoro.

Since when did PI become a soapbox for moral standards Caro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

sine people started getting morals, something i hastily add i disagree with, but thats not the point.

rather than pointless speculation and opinions based on our own bad experiences and then going off into the whole realm of weirdness that is Men Vs Women, id like to see the OP come back and tell us a little more about the situation.

my opinion is that there is something dodgey, and as someone else said, her actions are the actions of someone who has something to hide and has guilt.

if there is, and what it is, who can say. but it would be good if the OP can come back and update us, becuase i'll be honest, this is the most intriguing post ive seen on boards in a long time.

and miss fluff, i understand where you are coming from and i agree to an extent, but i think youre pushing the boat out a little far. but there is no reason for the fact that she quite blantatly lied to the OP (ok, an assumption, but i think we can all agree that its 99.9% certainty that this is the case, although we may be wrong....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Miss Fluff, Corinthian do feel free to continue your chat via pm
    or to take the dicussion of the socioeconomics of a modren marriage to Humanities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭lazydaisy

From the OP’s information, no one is being made completely dependent. It’s a choice - a compromise - made for, apparently, practical reasons. For all we know, it may have been her idea (I know two couples where the husband would have much preferred for the wife to continue working and it was the wife’s choice not to)..

Of course. But we dont know. It may have saved the provider money to do it this way as child care for two kids costs more than a second mortage. Or it could have been her choice too. We dont know.
    I partially agree. However from his perspective he has agreed to a compact whereby all that he earns is communal. That would include not just money earned from salary, but from other means too.

Agreed.

From her possible perspective hes out there in the world building his career, making contacts, etc etc, while she is at home doing the menial labour.
    Presumably she is a signatory to all their accounts and credit / debit cards. This in itself would kind of kill off the theory that she has no financial means herself - or at least she has no fewer than him.

Yes, but emphasise presumably. Additionally, given this, if you are a dependant wife, and you leave your husband or your husband leaves you, you have no financial identity, so its next to impossible to have access to credit or loans. Thus motivating dependant women to do things like this.
    In withholding the lotto win she broke that compact. That was as great a betrayal as any lie she told to cover that up..

Yes, agreed also. But there are circumstances in which contracts can and should be broken.

Given that she had the PO send the cheque to the house it would seem that we are not dealing with a skilled or experienced liar here. Or we could be dealing with a woman who has a cavalier sense of entitlement.

I am still eager to hear how OP found the letter.
    True, but then if we assume the worst of him we’re simply jumping to conclusions based upon our own prejudices. Unless we have evidence to the contrary we have to assume that he is indeed an affectionate, considerate and reasonable man, as this would (given what we know) be the most reasonable assessment.

Simply assuming that he is anything but that at present is probably misandry, TBH..

Hmnn. Well, we can assume this is how he perceives himself. Her experience of him may or may not be different.

In her mind the explanation "oh bits and pieces" may be sufficient. That is why it is a good idea for OP to decide before hand what is a satisfactory explanation so the conversation doesnt spiral into something altogether awful.

WWM - I don't know why morality is being brought up either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Christ I can't believe Miss Fluff has turned this thread into a "she wants to leave him" thread. And what's even more incredible is that everyone else has followed her!? :confused:

I'm sure there was a simple reason/excuse for taking the money and I'm sure they have sorted it out by now.

God, it's depressing that people are so cynical when it comes to relationships marriage etc.

Miss Fluff I seriously hope you are under 20 and have a bit of time to mature in life because if not your royally screwed with an attitude like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

Christ I can't believe Miss Fluff has turned this thread into a "she wants to leave him" thread. And what's even more incredible is that everyone else has followed her!? :confused:

I'm sure there was a simple reason/excuse for taking the money and I'm sure they have sorted it out by now.

God, it's depressing that people are so cynical when it comes to relationships marriage etc.

Miss Fluff I seriously hope you are under 20 and have a bit of time to mature in life because if not your royally screwed with an attitude like that.

Read it there and Miss Fluff doesn't seem to be in touch with reality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Any feedback from the OP?

lazydaisy wrote:
    Of course. But we dont know. It may have saved the provider money to do it this way as child care for two kids costs more than a second mortage. Or it could have been her choice too. We dont know.
    We can reasonably assume, unless other evidence presents itself, that she agreed to such an arrangement.
    From her possible perspective hes out there in the world building his career, making contacts, etc etc, while she is at home doing the menial labour.
    This could also be the case, as could the possibility that she’s a Russian bride who is forbidden to leave the house. We don’t know that, we only know what the OP has told us.
    Yes, but emphasise presumably.
    Sorry, it’s all right for you and Miss Fluff to speculate wildly upon her situation and motivations and not for me?
    Additionally, given this, if you are a dependant wife, and you leave your husband or your husband leaves you, you have no financial identity, so its next to impossible to have access to credit or loans. Thus motivating dependant women to do things like this.
    Legally that is not true.
    Yes, agreed also. But there are circumstances in which contracts can and should be broken.
    When the other party has broken the contract first, is how it normally works. Of course marriage is the great exception to the rule and either party can terminate the contract without just reason, but that does not mean that the other party will not have been royally screwed over.

Bare in mind, it’s not simply a question that she broke this compact, but she did not discuss with him that she intended to move the goalposts, as it were, and went on to lie that she did, after the fact.
    Given that she had the PO send the cheque to the house it would seem that we are not dealing with a skilled or experienced liar here. Or we could be dealing with a woman who has a cavalier sense of entitlement.
    Probably nothing more than she knew he would be out of the house by the time the post arrived or that the Lotto must send it to your registered address.
    I am still eager to hear how OP found the letter.
    I don’t think it’s going to shed any more light on the situation, but you never know.
    Hmnn. Well, we can assume this is how he perceives himself. Her experience of him may or may not be different.
    Yes, as I suggested, she could be a Russian bride who is forbidden to leave the house. Chances are though, that while their marriage obviously has its issues, he’s not a bad man or husband.
    In her mind the explanation "oh bits and pieces" may be sufficient.
    Her reaction (getting annoyed and walking out of the room when asked) would seem to indicate otherwise.
    That is why it is a good idea for OP to decide before hand what is a satisfactory explanation so the conversation doesnt spiral into something altogether awful.
    The bottom line is that she has done something that he - and almost any other man would - feel very much betrayed by. He cannot discuss it with her as she refuses to do so. He could ignore it (some men could) or he could, as men will do, attempt to confront the issue - and her - head on and I suspect you would be right that it would escalate into something awful.

So, as per my original post on this, I suggest he simply tell her (not discuss, but inform) that he’s very unhappy with this and that it has shaken his trust in her, leaving it at that and, essentially, sending her on a massive guilt trip.

This may well force her to come clean on it and whatever problems lie behind it, or at least mean that she’ll never try something similar again. Otherwise, he probably will never trust her again. I wouldn’t.
    WWM - I don't know why morality is being brought up either.
    The reason morality is being brought up is because if her actions are moral then they are justified and the OP is overreacting. If her actions are not justified, then the OP is not overreacting and has been wronged in this situation.

After all, one can often understand the motivations of an adulterer and indeed even empathise with them, but that does not mean that adultery is justified.

To bring it down to that level of near first principles may seem a little extreme, but it seemed the only way to counter the move by Miss Fluff to turn this discussion about how her actions are justified because she’s oppressed.

Did anyone ever here the term going around in circles?

toffeapple wrote:
    Did anyone ever here the term going around in circles?
    True, unless the OP responds again with an update, that's essentailly where we're at.

• Advertisement

Bitworried wrote:
    Last week I found a letter dated oct 05 from the national lottery telling my wife "we enclose your cheque for 5000 euro" She won 5k on a scratch card and rather than go to the GPO, she posted it in and received a cheque by return. I have been working till 10 most nights just to keep our heads above water (she gave up work 3 yrs ago when our 2nd child was born). We get on great I thought ! When I showed her the letter she said " oh I meant to tell you but just forgot" As for the money..all gone, on what said I, This and that said she !!! I cannot see a single thing she might have bought..clothes, stuff for the house etc. I am not a mean person and have never pulled her up for using the credit card, laser etc. Whatever she needs/wants she can just go get it, I dont have a problem with that and I love her to bits, and she showers me with affection..always did since I met her and still does. When I ask her very calmly what did she do with the money, she get annoyed and walks out of the room. I dont care if she went to Howth Head and threw it in the sea, I just would like to know ! I know for certain she is not having an affair etc. She is a wonderful wife/mother/carer/lover..But this is so unlike her and i dont know what to do. Should I just forget all about it ????

The mystery is solved. She loaned it to her(Twin) sister who was buying a house at the time.She did not want me to know because she thought I would be mad. Her sister was mortified because She thought i knew..Anyway I dont mind at all..the deception hurt at the time and I explained this to my wife and she admits she was stupid not to tell me. We have talked it over and everything is hunky dory. I loved the replies..thank you one and all for taking the time to care. As for the ''Running Away Money" I have locked all our suitcases and bags away in the garage. Anyway Thanks all again....M

Super news! glad to hear it work out well Bitworried.

Bitworried wrote:
    As for the ''Running Away Money" I have locked all our suitcases and bags away in the garage. Anyway Thanks all again....M

LOL :D
    Glad to hear it worked out this way for you hon, thanks for letting us know ;)

Burn the cynics!

I forget to add that Miss Fluff sounds like a wild horse...Hard to control..But I love her spirit...Whoooa baby...I love women with attitude (my wife for example) But once they cry..they are putty...Anyway... Thanks all again..M

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Bitworried wrote:
    The mystery is solved. She loaned it to her(Twin) sister who was buying a house at the time.She did not want me to know because she thought I would be mad. Her sister was mortified because She thought i knew..Anyway I dont mind at all..the deception hurt at the time and I explained this to my wife and she admits she was stupid not to tell me. We have talked it over and everything is hunky dory. I loved the replies..thank you one and all for taking the time to care. As for the ''Running Away Money" I have locked all our suitcases and bags away in the garage. Anyway Thanks all again....M

Thats sucks, I would've prefered to have heard that she took you away on a holiday :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

i think everyones imagination was running on overtime there. great to hear that its all worked out for the best!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Not to spoil the party (regardless of the convenient ending that it seemed to have) but there are still serious questions to be asked yet. What kind of marriage partner reckons her other half would be "mad" about her doing what she did, and following that - did it anyway?

She should have dislosed it regardless and then stated her intention free from any "fear" about what would happen to the her or the money. So yeah, all things being equal, I think the OP chose an ironically appropriate username.

But hey, maybe Ostriches have the right idea after all.

MojoMaker wrote:
    Not to spoil the party (regardless of the convenient ending that it seemed to have) but there are still serious questions to be asked yet. What kind of marriage partner reckons her other half would be "mad" about her doing what she did, and following that - did it anyway?

She should have dislosed it regardless and then stated her intention free from any "fear" about what would happen to the her or the money. So yeah, all things being equal, I think the OP chose an ironically appropriate username.

But hey, maybe Ostriches have the right idea after all.
    Sorry this did not have the dramatic outcome you wanted, Next time I will use a knife or a hammer (or both) ! Anyway thanks for posting, we are all entitled to have an opinion... I have seen every type posted here..It has been an education and helpful...(Thanks) Thread Closed..(from this end anyway)...M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Yup, I'd be really p*ssed off if my husband won 5k & spent it or gave it to someone without consulting me......but that's just me......glad you found out what happened & that you're ok with it ;):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Bitworried wrote:

Glad you feel its resolved. I would still feel a little uneasy myself there though.

If she told you straight away that she won €5000 and she was going to give it to her sister, would you have gone "mad"?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

and it took how many days to find that out?.. nice excuse i have to say, did u talk to her sister? u know by her tone if its true. i hope it is. gl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

bitworried wrote:
    Sorry this did not have the dramatic outcome you wanted, Next time I will use a knife or a hammer (or both) ! Anyway thanks for posting, we are all entitled to have an opinion... I have seen every type posted here..It has been an education and helpful...(Thanks) Thread Closed..(from this end anyway)...M

Superb...a classic passive aggressive, no wonder she was scared to mention it.:D

Anyway, like you say it's none of our business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

well, boy do i feel mature and vindicated.

unlike the rest of you children :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

MojoMaker wrote:
    Superb...a classic passive aggressive, no wonder she was scared to mention it.:D

Anyway, like you say it's none of our business.

Yay for amateur psychology!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Yup, I'd be really p*ssed off if my husband won 5k & spent it or gave it to someone without consulting me......but that's just me......glad you found out what happened & that you're ok with it ;):)
    I'd agree, but if it works for them and they're happy, so be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Sherlock

Sherlock wrote:
    This is a serious issue and can't be let go, I'm sure if the wife found out her husband blew 5k she wouldn't let it go. I know if it was my wife I'd keep at it until I found out the truth. Secrets like this aren't part of a healthy relationship.
    Wonder if she used the money to help out a family member in debt and didn't want to admit it?

Do I get a prize for being closest?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Do I get a prize for still having my doubts?

Hagar wrote:
    Do I get a prize for still having my doubts?

Share the winnings with me dude!

I wonder if he gave the winnings to his twin brother and didn't tell her would she be so gracious about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

God damn you original poster for not suffering from the enormous insecurities of the rest of them!! *shakes fist* the next time you have a problem DONT be so happy about it, boards needs it's pound of flesh, they want to see blood and tears and not happy families. tshah, useless non car crash entertainer you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Ian147100

[deliberately unhelpful response deleted]
    Banned. The PI mods can decide how long for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭tirl

get a life Ian147100, nothing better to do, things must be slow in the financial services sector on a Friday

Looking back over the posts and taking time to digest them, I have come to the conclusion apart from a few(you know who you are) That generally the posts I received were from totally insecure people. I have seen more confident rabbits caught in my headlights.! Running away money, Addiction,Affairs,You are mean, she was afraid to tell you etc. Anyway it was an experience posting..and it was a genuine post..Goes to prove there are weirder folk out there than me..But however thanks for all the posts....M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

At the time you weren't so sure though, and now that the outcome is contrary to popular belief you make an easy hindsighted judgement? Lets be honest - at the time you initially posted this you felt like a rabbit caught in someone elses headlights.

Don't try to judge people on PI for their extrapolations on your factually hungry posts please, thanks. Especially when these people are trying to help you out.

• Advertisement

Gordon wrote:
    At the time you weren't so sure though, and now that the outcome is contrary to popular belief you make an easy hindsighted judgement? Lets be honest - at the time you initially posted this you felt like a rabbit caught in someone elses headlights.

Don't try to judge people on PI for their extrapolations on your factually hungry posts please, thanks. Especially when these people are trying to help you out.

Here, here!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement