Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lotto win, she never told me !

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Zillah wrote:
    Ask her mother, or sisters. If they didn't already know, they'll certainly help.
    Hagar wrote:
    Perhaps not, blood is thicker than water and women's blood is extra thick in these circumstances.

So did you ask the sister before you got an answer from your wife?
    What did she say? Was she truthful?

So you still haven't seen the money then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Bitworried wrote:
    Looking back over the posts and taking time to digest them, I have come to the conclusion apart from a few(you know who you are) That generally the posts I received were from totally insecure people. I have seen more confident rabbits caught in my headlights.! Running away money, Addiction,Affairs,You are mean, she was afraid to tell you etc. Anyway it was an experience posting..and it was a genuine post..Goes to prove there are weirder folk out there than me..But however thanks for all the posts....M

Insecure we may be, but then we're not posting on a public forum asking for help because our spouses are hiding money from us & lying about what happened to it - are we?!

Perhaps rather than pointing an acusing finger at the posters that tried to help you or offer an outsiders point of view - something you seem loath to accept - maybe force yourself to look a bit deeper and ask yourself why so many posters immediately thought that your wife hiding a substancial lottery win from you was highly suspicious......we don't know why your wife didn't or couldn't discuss the issue of lending her sister the money with you and can only speculate why she thought you would "go mad" and went ahead and did it anyway......we can, after all, only offer advice based on the facts you provide and our own experiences in life.....if you think your wife hiding a 5K win then refusing to tell you what she did with the money while you work long hrs to support her is perfectly reasonable behaviour, then that is great - and if you consider your wife loaning it to her sister without consulting you first is perfectly acceptable in an honest, open & trusting marriage - then good luck to you......pardon me for being such a cynic and daring to think it is anything but acceptable and honest.....but please understand, that's because of the boundaries my husband & I have within our own marriage....not because I am insecure - just the opposite infact....

If you ask for people's opinions, I don't think you can then complain because they aren't as instantly trusting and accepting of reasons given as you are.....remember we don't know either yourself or your wife - we just know the story of a bloke who posted on a forum because his spouse was hiding the truth from him.......but as it turn out, she just did something behind his back & didn't want to admit it - so that's ok then.....erm......silly us for not understanding.....:eek: :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Well put Ickle Magoo!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement