Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Styling my hair - my hair is very curly

• 28-01-2006 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi. I would like to style my hair. Preferably with some spikes.

Unfortunately my hair is incredibly curly. Once gel is used curls immediately form. If i want to spike it i have to do each spike individually and i dont want that, that is gay. I have used different gels, like Shockwaves Ultra-Strong, Brylcreem Strong and Fructis Hard Glue. I dont like wax as i find it gay, and it is also time-consuming for me.

How exactly do i gel my hair to make it look good? It is of a short to medium length. 3 blade on sides and back right now.

Please explain the exact motions of my fingers when styling it.

Dont say grow an afro. Also which gel(not wax) is the best for my situation. Please explain how to style it before you recommend a gel.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Exactly how long is you hair on top? Just apply a bit of gell to your hands and run your hands through your hair a bit untill your hair is messed up a bit on top. Keep rubbing it and messing it up gently. That'll give you a spiked look on top. Like tee way any normal person would put shampoo in their hair only just do it on top. Not like those circus freaks who apply shampoo directly to their scalp instead of on to their hands. Grrrrrr...

By the way may I ask since when did hair products have a sexuality?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Taker Of Pills

Binomate wrote:
    Exactly how long is you hair on top?
    I dont know how to explain how long it is. Do you want me to measure a hair? If so, from what area of the top of my head?
    Just apply a bit of gell to your hands and run your hands through your hair a bit untill your hair is messed up a bit on top.
    In what directions? At what angles? Please explain the motions of my fingers.
    Keep rubbing it
    What do you mean by rubbing it? You mean rubbing my scalp? Because i thought rubbing my hair would flatten it.
    and messing it up gently.
    Explain the motions of my fingers doing this.
    That'll give you a spiked look on top.
    But when i apply gel to my hands and try to mess it up in the manner i think you mean(not sure), it simply goes entirely curly, NOT spiky.
    Like tee way any normal person would put shampoo in their hair only just do it on top. Not like those circus freaks who apply shampoo directly to their scalp instead of on to their hands. Grrrrrr...
    I dont understand how the first sentence relates to the second, you are getting confusing now. First you say, "only do it on top", then you say "not like...... who apply shampoo directly to their scalp.....". I dont understand how only doing it on top means not applying it to the head first.
    By the way may I ask since when did hair products have a sexuality?
    I was speaking metaphorically, the words "stupid" or "unfashionable" were not suitable so i said "gay" instead.

Don't bother measuring your hair on top. I'll just take it that it is cut short.

Put a small amount of gell in your hair. The same amount as if you were shampooing. Put your hadns to gether and move in a circular motion to spread the gell on to both hands.

Now with one hand run your hand up through your hair fromt he front of your head to the back but make sure the gell is spread evenly. Maybe run your hand gently down over your hair from back to finish first to get rid of some of the ecess gel on your hand and then run your hair between your fingers ( like they do in the movies) from front to back.

Now that the gell is applied you can begin the sculpting. There is no set method for styling your hair. You have to find your own method. Try messing about with your hair in front of the mirror untill you find a style you like. Try messing the hair on the top of your head so that it looks like a neat kind of messy hair. Try spking it by brushing your hair back and forward with your hands. Jest experiment with it. Don't over experiment with it or it will look crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I was speaking metaphorically, the words "stupid" or "unfashionable" were not suitable so i said "gay" instead.

Way to piss off the moderator.
    But when i apply gel to my hands and try to mess it up in the manner i think you mean(not sure), it simply goes entirely curly, NOT spiky.

Hair straightener tbh.

Stark wrote:
    Hair straightener tbh.
    But they're just for gays.. *

*Sarcasm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

I know plenty of guys that straighten their hair, but they all belong to a certain type of group, which involves playing rugby, saying "LEDGE" to everybody and driving their dads' Jags and Lexuses.

I wouldn't straighten your hair, it ruins it. I'd say cut it short, a la Justion Timberlake. He has naturally really really curly hair, but cuts it pretty short. Looks good, IMO.

Or just embrace your curls!! It's something distinctive about you, something people will remember you by. That's what it's like with me- I'm known as the "loud, flirty, funny girl with the wild curly blonde hair"!! Be diffreent- leave it the way it is. You'll be glad of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

you are too obsessed with your hair imo!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Stark wrote:

Hair straightener tbh.

As soon as he put gel/wax into his hair it'd go curly again(providing you meant straightener as in GHD not chemical straightener).
    The same happens if you use one of those creams to blow dry it straight, a bit of gel/wax and its back to curly.
    The best thing to do would be to go down to the Grafton Barbers and get it chemically straightened for around €65-€85. Lasts a while and you can do what you want with the hair thereafter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Taker Of Pills

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    Or just embrace your curls!! It's something distinctive about you, something people will remember you by. That's what it's like with me- I'm known as the "loud, flirty, funny girl with the wild curly blonde hair"!! Be diffreent- leave it the way it is. You'll be glad of it.
    OK but what would you recommend doing with my hair to "embrace my curls"? Please explain the motions of my fingers?

OK but what would you recommend doing with my hair to "embrace my curls"? Please explain the motions of my fingers?
    Finger motions

Step 1: Put your fingers on your head.

Step 2: Make a 'k' shape with your fingers on both hands but make sure the tips of your fingers are touching your scalp.

Step 3: Wiggle your index finger on your right hand in a clock wise direction while you wiggle all of the others in the opposite direction. (Not including thumbs).

Step 4: (This is the hardest part of it) Place your let thumb over your eye ball. You should now easily be able to slip your right thumb in to your ear.

Step 5: After exactly 58 seconds of all of the above steps, start to wiggle all of your fingers in the air like you just don't are. This regulates the air flow between the fingers which makes it a lot easier to find style.

They're the basic finger movements for styling any type of hair style.

• Advertisement
Advertisement