Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bose Accoustimass 10

• 28-01-2006 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi

Does anyone have any thoughts, good, bad or indifferent on the Bose Accoustimass 10 surround sound system (or the Bose Accoustimass 6 system also). I've had a listen/look at them in Peats and they seem great but I'm interested to hear how they work when you get them home.

Also on price, the Peats price is €1,099 (sale price) for the 10 system and €699 (sale price) for the 6 system. From a quick look on the internet this seems pretty good - has anyone come across it for cheaper?

Thanks in advance

Humpty

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

I wouldn't recommend BOSE.

They advertise themselves as a high end brand, but they're not. It's designed to get new buyers who are flush and spending a bit to pay over the odds, thinking they're buying top-end.

They're not total rubbish, they will work, but they are equivalent to speakers half their price, you're spending a lot of money on the BOSE badge, which will only impress anyone not into this stuff.

check out www.avforums.com (do some reading and search for BOSE) for comments like this:

I def wouldn't recommend Bose. I have had an Acoustimass 6 for the last few years and thought it was pretty good. A couple of weeks ago I got an SVS sub and a set of Canton speakers. The difference is amazing and yet the Canton's have only cost a little bit more than the Bose did. Very much a case of style over content.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Clank

^^What he said^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

actually the acustimass's are a rip off for price, again paying for the name, for the money you plan on spending on it, you could rig up a more powerfull system, i assume your buying it for home cinema?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,006 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Bose are expensive, but the aftersales service they offer you is superb. I don't think you can find any better. Also, bare in mind how small the speakers are.
    True you can build better and cheaper, but it really depends on what you want it for and if there are any space restrictions. Not everyone has room for floor standers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

You dont need floorstanders to do better.
    Look at the Mission M-cube setup - meant to be excellent. Cantons are good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Humpty Doo

Thanks for the comments - definitely food for thought. I will have a look into the other brands you recommended. Yes - it is for home cinema and the size of the speakers is a big concern!

Advertisement