Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have just quit

Options
  • 28-01-2006 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭

Have been off them since midnight on thurday ....I envy every last one of you.
    But then again I will be ~€2133.6 better off each year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Asok wrote:
    I envy every last one of you.
    Right back at ya... I'd love to quit, but nicotine withdrawl drives me absolutely fúcking bannanas. :(
    Keep it up though, it only gets easier.

There's a nice quitting thread on Personal Issues if you haven't already seen it... some very good stuff in that thread.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=129110
    Although you might be better off taking your mind off the subject completely and do something else... if you're really gumming for one, I'd say reading about them will only make you want one more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Aye I've found reading about smoking or see'ing it on tv aint helping ....neither did my housemate smoking in the apartment beside me last night. I'm going a bit bananas for a smoke right now but as i'm at work and can't leave the building and there isnt any shops nearby anyways I have no real choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Well whatever you do, don't try to remind yourself of how disgusting they were by sniffing an ashtray... I tried that, and I could almost have started licking it. :eek:
    Get some excersize or something... do push-ups, sit-ups and squats... that's if you're on your own in work of course. :D
    Always makes me feel less like smoking when I get the ol heart-rate up.

Am I the only one who absolutely adores smoking?
    How can I ignore the hand that warms me on a cold, dark winter morning or the hand that waves goodbye as I leave for work on the bus?
    The hand that congatulates me on a good days work or indeed the hand that agrees with my friends joke in the pub?
    Quitter!

Banned

Not really, Im just feckin with ya:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

On the bright side, you won't have to tramp outside to have a smoke when in the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Asok , id like to tell you about the incredible first smoke of the day i had this morning ! while walking too work

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Sarge how would you like to be banned. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Asok wrote:
    Sarge how would you like to be banned. :)

Was about to ask what a non-smoker is doing in the forum anyway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Gave up smoking almost two weeks ago, havent even had a craving yet.

Do you not feel a whole lot better for being a non smoker??

Advertisement