Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Song from sex in the city

Options
  • 28-01-2006 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Anyone know who sings the song from sex in the city final episode. It goes a little something like.... "sometimes i feel like throughing my hands up in the air, i know i can count on you. sometimes i feel like saying lord i just don't care.. but you got the love i need to see me through..."

Any help would be much appreciated.

Girlfrien is wrecking my head about it>>>;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

http://www.musicfactory2.co.uk/Lyrics/Dance/Source/Yougotthelove.html

Source Ft: Candi Staton - You Got The Love

Enjoy :)

Tip - if you ever want to find out a song and you know some lyrics, enter the lyrics in google with inverted commas and put the word 'lyrics' and the end to find them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

i should have my balls removed for saying this, but that was a cracking episode!
    there was also a cool french sony somewhere in there called "la belle et la bad boy" by mc solar.. check it out..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 UpsideDown

[nicK] wrote:
    i should have my balls removed for saying this, but that was a cracking episode!
    there was also a cool french sony somewhere in there called "la belle et la bad boy" by mc solar.. check it out..

Ya. Checked that song by mc solaar out. Great tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

whiskeyman wrote:
    http://www.musicfactory2.co.uk/Lyrics/Dance/Source/Yougotthelove.html

Source Ft: Candi Staton - You Got The Love

Enjoy :)

Tip - if you ever want to find out a song and you know some lyrics, enter the lyrics in google with inverted commas and put the word 'lyrics' and the end to find them.
    I don't watch SATC, but as a matter of interest, what version of "You got the love" did they use...at the time of airing, there would have been two in existance...the original (i think) from the 90's, (that wasn't a million miles off 'unfinished sympathy' by massive attack') and there was the smoother version with the bass line that went doo-doo-de-dumm-dumm a lot. (Brilliant vocalising there, I know :D)

Course, now there's a third version out, not v different from #1. What's the reason for re-release does anybody know?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

[nicK] wrote:
    I actually bought the album that that song is taken from after hearing it on Sex In The City.

"Cinquieme As"

Great Album btw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

I don't watch SATC, but as a matter of interest, what version of "You got the love" did they use...at the time of airing, there would have been two in existance...the original (i think) from the 90's, (that wasn't a million miles off 'unfinished sympathy' by massive attack') and there was the smoother version with the bass line that went doo-doo-de-dumm-dumm a lot. (Brilliant vocalising there, I know :D)

The version in SATC is the 'Now Voyager' mix that was released in '97 and I think the one with the 'bass line' you're describing came out around 1990. Incidently, that bass line is lifted from Frankie Knuckles - 'Your Love' from around '86.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Kolodny wrote:
    The version in SATC is the 'Now Voyager' mix that was released in '97

Yup. The official website says so....

http://www.hbo.com/city/episode/music/episode94.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Kolodny wrote:
    The version in SATC is the 'Now Voyager' mix that was released in '97 and I think the one with the 'bass line' you're describing came out around 1990. Incidently, that bass line is lifted from Frankie Knuckles - 'Your Love' from around '86.
    Cheers for that...you've answered not one, but two questions there...If you play GTA San Andreas, that 'bass line' thing plays every so often, and of course, i'm always waiting for the 'Sometimes I feel...' bit...and wondered what it was...

(course, i could have looked in the credits, but that would be too much...:D)

Advertisement