Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Expectations for '06?

• 28-01-2006 9:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭

Bit late but what do you expect will happen in the coming year Rap wise or what are you anticapating?If somebody would up a list of the years expected releases,that would be appreciated.

-Nas to(try at least) sign Papoose to his new label under Def Jam.Possibly Blitz and Quan as well.

-For that Saigon album,produced by Just Blaze,to be a classic(not sure it can't be)

-Nas to put out a new 'Stillmatic' by hooking up with DJ Premier,making both of there careers relevent for another 5 years.

-That new Dilated Peoples to be as strong as the Platform,with the Alchemist putting in another half a dozen or so incredible beats.

-Everything 50 puts out to flop(ala Young Buck,Yayo,Olivia etc)besides the new Mobb Deep,which will give them back some credibility but not commercial success.

-Spot and Lupe Fiasco to get deals and put some more proper hardcore and literate rap out there along with Papoose and Saigon.

-Planet Asia,Nature and Ras Kass to finally put some new good stuff out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭billstraighten

Nas to(try at least) sign Papoose to his new label under Def Jam.Possibly Blitz and Quan as well
    ^^^ Quan actually has a diss out bout nas ..nothing serious nas just took it the wrong way

nas spent 2million dollars on a beat for his new album so im guessing that will be good
    Games album to be good but no where near as good as the documentary
    G-unit are gonna push spider loc this year
    thats all i can think of at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

The Planet Asia album isn't bad, nothing special though.
    The Aceyalone and RJD2 album, Magnificent City is good though, well worth a listen when it's released.
    Tha Alkaholiks new one Firewater is decent enough too.

Albums I'm looking forward to most are
    Ghostface Killah - Fishscale (he's back to using Killah in his name)
    Gnarls Barkley (Cee-Lo and Dangermouse) have heard some of the tracks on a sampler and they are nice.
    MF Doom and Ghostface - Swift and Changable the album I'm looking forward to most, I think they really compliment each other.
    MF Doom - Madvillainy2, VV3, FM Mood
    Cannibal Ox second album
    Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx Pt. II
    Masta Killa - Made In Brooklyn
    There's supposed to be new DJ Shadow and RJD2 albums too.

2006 is looking like a good year for Hip-Hop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I forgot about the new Cormega and Cunninlynguists stuff.I'm hoping Cormega nmakes a comeback after his last 'album',supposedly he has got Premo and a few other heavyweights working on the album.He was strong on Thug Matrix as well.Cunninlynguists are ridicously slept on,I strongly suggest looking for there earlier stuff,particurly SouthernUnderground.Rae's and Ghost's stuff should be strong too from the power of State of Grace and Charlie Brown.

As for Quan,from what I heard the two are just moving away from each other,but I'm thinking with this new deal Quan could be the first signee.Pap and Blitz are way nicer though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Theres alot of stuff im looking forward to this year, needless to say Immortal Technique - The Middle passage, this when it eventually drops should be class.

J5's album is overdue at this stage, really looking forward to that, aswell as Dilated Peoples and Outkast albums.

Theres supposed to be a new Black Star album aswell as Reflection Eternal which hopefully will be worth waiting for, i have'nt heard any Mos Def since The New Danger which was slightly strange to say the least.

Theres a new Brother Ali album called The Undisputed Truth due this year aswell, should be sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 AfroMan

Let's talk about Irish rappers. What are the expectations for Irish Hip Hop in 2006? what do you expect will happen this year Rap wise or what are you anticapating?
    If somebody would up a list of the years expected Irish Releases and Events,that would be appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I'm hoping Irish rap will improve massively over the next year,but I won't be holding my breath. ;)

I'm also hoping that the new Outkast won't sully there once great reputation ever further(same for Mobb Deep)with there new album,and that we will have the old Andre back.Hell I'll even take an uneven Stankonia esque album right now,just something better then there last.

Seriously though,this new Saigon,Cormega and Ras Kass **** better be good.Right now I'm listening to electronica almost exclusively. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Are the roots due to come out with anything new, since they've signed to Def Jam Left? Hopefully not a complete sell out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

I predict(and hope!) it's going to be a bad year for 50/G-unit in both record sales and credibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Are the roots due to come out with anything new, since they've signed to Def Jam Left? Hopefully not a complete sell out!

Yeah there's an album scheduled for release this year.
    Phrenology and The Tipping Point were poor albums imo and this move to Def Jam isn't exactly inspiring confidence but maybe they'll release something special.

Def Jam have a few decent artists on their roster now, Nas, Ghostface and The Roots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ciaran13

joe buddens new mixtape is suppose to be unreal. its less like a mixtape and more like a new album so im lookin forward to dat

• Advertisement
Advertisement