Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat BT Speeds

• 28-01-2006 9:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭

Hi My BB seems to have gone very slow every since my line has been up graded from 1mb down 128 up to 2MB 256up, I am only getting 88kbit download off the UTV speedtest website and even surfing webpages seems slow,
    Im in the west Cork area, speed were fine until the package was upgraded is anyone else haveing these issues....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Which exchange?

Im in Bantry and currently have to put up with 3m/256k crap instead of 3m/384k and I was getting 288k yesterday!!!

I wouldnt mind but Im not even 1Km from the exchange and the line was solid at 288k:mad: :mad: :mad:

3mconnection9jc.jpg

Just reset it again and....back to 288k...this is annoying!!!!!!!!!!!

3mconnectionb3tf.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

i have the same problem. since Friday my BT BB+ connection in Maynooth has gone really bad with the upload speed being fine at 300 or so kbps however the download has gone as low as 251 kbps!

currently the download is 823 kbps - still not even half what it was before the upgrade. strange thing is, is that after the upgrade last week i was getting 3 mbit down for 5 or so days with no issues.

Well I rang BT about this at 12:00 and they said they can do nothing until the 1st Feb when these packages become official...but I asked for the complaint to be logged anyway!

naitkris
    Your currently getting less than what you originally had so you have a valid argument to complain right now about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I am getting a constant 330kb/s using newsgroups

• Advertisement

I am getting a constant 330kb/s using newsgroups

How is it so bad for you as well....I would expect a 3Mb connection
    to be pumping out at 320-330KBytes/s.:eek: :) :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

zuma wrote:
    How is it so bad for you as well....I would expect a 3Mb connection
    to be pumping out at 320-330KBytes/s.:eek: :) :eek:

OMG i made a mistake on the internet what am i gonna do wtcjerkit.gif

OMG i made a mistake on the internet what am i gonna do wtcjerkit.gif

Hopefully learn from the experience?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

My BT 2MB line wasn't doing more than 50k down until I reset the modem. Now it's doing 160k down :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I'm getting 1.72Mb down and 215kb up with 99% QoS according to irishisptest.com, and haven't had any problems since the upgrade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ken90

855mbs download

303mbs upload

Disconnected 6 times a day.

Advertisement