Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

abusive son

Options
  • 28-01-2006 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi this is my situation.
    My son is 30 and is very abusive towards me and my wife.
    He shouts, always causing arguments, nevr paids money to us even though we provide him with evertyhing. we had to call the gardas are him a few times. we need him out of the house. we are elderly and weak. but wife does not want to get a barring order against him, as he would then have a crimnal record.
    has anyone else had this situation or has any advise.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Have you asked him why is he so angry with you? Do you accept his response or dismiss it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Maybe you should talk to a solicitor about this?

Are you sure that a barring order constitutes a criminal record? I'm not saying it does or doesn't - I just don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

This unfortunately is more common than a lot of people realise. Maybe it's worth contacting Age Concern as they have experience in helping people deal with this. Everything is treated in the strictest of confidence. They were recently discussing this on the radio. You should not have to live like this. Don't let this go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

A barring order does not constitute a criminal offence. Get in touch with your solicitor for some proper legal advice.

Maybe drop into the guards too?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

puppyhead wrote:
    but wife does not want to get a barring order against him, as he would then have a crimnal record..

she would seem to care more then he does... perhaps he counts on that and probably senses her weakness in this.

If my daughter behaved like that towards me she would be barred from the house until she copped herself on. She's knows me well enough anyway to know it would not be tolerated.
    Your son is old enough to know better.
    I know it sounds harsh and it's a terrible thing to have to do to your own child, but get the barring order.
    I'm guessing he's making your life miserable, how can having him barred from the house be any worse?
    I'm truly sorry it has come to this for you, but you don't deserve to be treated like this.
    Perhaps the barring order will snap him out of it.
    I wish you the best

• Advertisement
Advertisement