Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nostradamus

Options
  • 28-01-2006 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭

ive really only just got into nostradamus when my uncle reminded me of him

anyway i have been reading alot of info on him(freaking myself out)

stuff like this year there will be WWIII and about mabus?(i read somewhere that this guy is the ambassador of saudi arabi for america)

and that the will be a huge hurricane again this year and a huge earthquake in san fransisco

but to get to the point i cant make head nor tails of his quatrains and since they are in french and a kind of riddle form no 1 can really make out what they are about

so i want to hear what u make out of this

just give me the quatrain number and century(if u can) and explain

im really only interested about whats going to happen nothing about hister/hitler

wierdal/alic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭dermo88

I would'nt pay too much attention to that. Every generation has predicted the end of the world, apocalypse, armaggedon, the antichrist, the plague, and expected their generation to be the last to seed and populate the earth.

Nostradamus wrote in Quatrains, and he was multilingual, speaking French, Italian, Latin, and his medical background would also mean some exposure to Greek. He hid the meanings in his Quatrains, twisted and turned them around to such an extent that only he knows what they actually meant.

By the time anyone realises what they meant, the event has already taken place,.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭alic

well i have talked to alot of people and tell me pretty much the same but i just find it interesting

as the saying goes 'prepare for the worst hope for the best'

i just want to hear ur views but by the looks of things im the only 1 whos interested

any1 else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭ninja 101

a couple of years back,maybe 6?Nostradamus apparently predicited that the world wolud end on the 4th of july.Now being slightly worried by such a predicition I decided that it wolud be best to stay up all night to see would anything happen.Now between 11pm and 1pm(I can't remeber the exact time there was a defnite rumbeling in the sky which was unlike anything I have heard since.Now I suppose that it could have been anything,but it sure did freak me out!

like i said nostradamus didnt predict that anything would happen only the people who read his stuff tried to get a rough idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

A thread from the depths of time. No particular hurricanes and earthquakes as mentioned by the OP. The third world war also didn't happen in 2006. 2007 went by harmlessly also.

Anyway the reason for dragging this up. I was going to start a new thread but thought i may as well use an old one involving Nostradamus. Two of his more famous name mentioning in his writings are Hister and Mabus.

A little thing came into my head about Mabus while i watched the very charismatic Barack Obama give his victory speech last night following the Carolina Primary. It's a straw-clutcher but taking away the "us" suffix......

Mab

Obama

EDIT

Just a little addition. Former governor Ray Mabus is on Obama's team as an unpaid supervisor. This man served as ambassador to Saudi Arabia during the Clinton years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

ninja 101 wrote: »
    a couple of years back,maybe 6?Nostradamus apparently predicited that the world wolud end on the 4th of july.Now being slightly worried by such a predicition I decided that it wolud be best to stay up all night to see would anything happen.Now between 11pm and 1pm(I can't remeber the exact time there was a defnite rumbeling in the sky which was unlike anything I have heard since.Now I suppose that it could have been anything,but it sure did freak me out!

It's called Thunder!!! He He:D only messing-I used to be interested in all that too, bought books and all, have forgotten most of it now, there is always some new prediction or other(usually after the fact)!! I'd still have an interest now, not that i particularly believe it tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭witchywoman

dsmythy wrote: »
    A thread from the depths of time. No particular hurricanes and earthquakes as mentioned by the OP. The third world war also didn't happen in 2006. 2007 went by harmlessly also.

Anyway the reason for dragging this up. I was going to start a new thread but thought i may as well use an old one involving Nostradamus. Two of his more famous name mentioning in his writings are Hister and Mabus.

A little thing came into my head about Mabus while i watched the very charismatic Barack Obama give his victory speech last night following the Carolina Primary. It's a straw-clutcher but taking away the "us" suffix......

Mab

Obama
    me thinks you are correct , sir. obama will indeed be a force in times to come... I had that exact same thought...regarding nostradamus predictions,

Just a little addition. Former governor Ray Mabus is on Obama's team as an unpaid supervisor. This man served as ambassador to Saudi Arabia during the Clinton years.
    me thinks you are correct , sir. obama will indeed be a force in times to come... I had that exact same thought...regarding nostradamus predictions

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I would describe Nostradamus as the ultimate example of cold reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

ninja 101 wrote: »

I remember that day, but it was pre 2000 I think, it was the day of the solar eclipse perhaps? He predicted the world was going to end :rolleyes:.

I remember Channel 4 ran a few documentaries about him at that time (yay, the world is going to end, lets show a 'Nostradamus weekend'), with one expert saying that his visions of this evil German man 'stretching the borders of his country' etc (ie Hitler) was really about some dude making a forest bigger, it was just that words and there meanings had changed slightly over time.

That and people like to twist things about to see what they want to see.

Like when the Twin Towers collapsed, all the nonesense and everyone saying 'Oh!! Nostradamus had this vision of two great towers (or was it brothers?) falling....MUST be the twin towers! OMGZ!!'.......:rolleyes:

That documentary I mentioned showed this guy in the UK who fully believed that the world would in fact end on Nossy's prediction, he said he would pack his bags and head to a scenic spot by the coast or such and watch the end of the world....

...wonder if he's still sitting there? :p

-1 for Nostradamus

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭jesus smith

Theres a prohecy by someone (not nostrodamus) that a great leader would come from an unexpected place, at first he would change the world for the better and everyone would think him to be great then he'd change and pretty much trash the world worse then anyone ever has before.
    no idea why but when I seen a black guy with a name that sounds arabic winning votes in America it started to ring bells.
    somethin spish goin on with him alright.
    if I remember where I heard that prohecy I'll post it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Theres a prohecy by someone (not nostrodamus) that a great leader would come from an unexpected place, at first he would change the world for the better and everyone would think him to be great then he'd change and pretty much trash the world worse then anyone ever has before.

In fairness that could be about Bertie Ahern.....replace 'world' with Ireland though :p

It could be suited to fit any of the 'evil' leaders in history, the most of them started off on a good note promising great things etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Apparently Obama supporters go to an Obama camp where they are thought how to canvass and told how to get the vote out. It's almost like a pilgrimage. This with people fainting at his rallies, his promises of change and a new world and the near hysteria that hits followers in his presence, you have to wonder is Obama the messiah?!

Obviously I'm not being overly serious here but Mabus would have to have power over the U.S. if he were to arrive in this age. Nostradamus says Mabus will declare himself the messiah but then reveal himself for who he really is.

So in the tiny chance Nostradamus was for real would Obama fit the bill? Out of nowhere he came. The other two serious challengers have been expected for a long time. Be interesting! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I don't think there's any question, dsmythy, that Obama is the resurrected son of god.

Advertisement