Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self adhesive tiles/wood

Options
  • 28-01-2006 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

I'm in the process of buying a new house and I am currently looking at my options for kitchen, bathroom & hall floors. I am on a budget so tiling them all is out of the question. I was in a couple of the big name diy type stores yesterday and came across these self-adhesive tiles & wood-effect tiles. They are cheaper than tiles, plus I can fit them myself. I'm just wondering has anyone used them? How did you find them? How did they wear? I haven't compared the price with lino yet as that is the option I was thinking about before I came across these. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 boo boo

wouldn't recommend them. had my doubts but laid them for someone recently, started cracking after a week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

thanks for the feedback - I really can't afford to spend money on something that will start to crack after a week! I'd prefer to spend the extra and have it last.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

I've used a couple of different ones in the past. One was from 'Homebase' and looked really good. It was fake laminate wood type. It did it's job great in a bathroom for about 4 years and was only removed when doing a complete renovation. I have some more in an ensuite. It came from 'B&Q' and I only got it because I couldn't find any more of the 'Homebase' version (I wish I had waited). The B&Q one is down about 4 years now and although it is lasting fine It never looked great. It should look like wooden planks but the effect is poor. Anyhow that ensuite is due a complete tiling job this year. So I'll never know at what point these floors fail.

Both were laid on a good firm plywood base.

Anyhow just my little input.

Cal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

4 years without problems sounds good - after that length of time I might be ready for a change anyway.

If anyone else has used them I'd be interested to hear what others thought & where they were bought. I've seen them in homebase, b&q & atlantic homecare.

Advertisement