Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice for yon haircut? Pics included!

• 29-01-2006 12:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭

Hey, I've had long hair for more than 2 years now, but in a weeks time, I shall be cutting it short. Reasons? Long and complicated, but yeah, needs to be fairly short...

Considering I look alot different than I did 2 years ago, I simply have no idea what kind of style I want to get. So, I thought I'd ask the good people of boards. :)

I've seen far too many threads like these where posters spend a page or two figuring out what the OP looks like, so I got out the camera and took a few pics, and added others I could find, which unfortunately are in black and white:

http://photobucket.com/albums/b312/kwetzal/

and courtesy of Piste, Bear Eared Dave.

So, any suggestions/advice greatly appreciated, if possible, if you included what I should ask the hairdresser dude for specifically, that'd be cool.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

my god, it's only hair man....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

A man's hair is his essence. Or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

just cut it short asap..i hate long hair on guys!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I did a bit of googling for ya try here and see if theres anything you like

http://www.1001-hairstyles.com/gallery/mens.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

I like it as is...

• Advertisement

what??..you blind??..its terrible!!(thats my own opinion anyway..sorry Fobia!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Well of course you're gonna think it's terrible if you don't like long hair on guys. ¬.¬

Well obviously!

Well, just to be a little clearer. I'm most certainly getting it cut short, it's the style that I have no idea about..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Just get it all shaved off... you won't have to worry about styling it then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Blade 3 all over - It's the way forward man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Get it styled. Don't cut it really short. Have it cut medium length. Something to suit the shape of your head.

This sort of thing:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/nakedpeoplerock/DT2002.jpg
    or
    http://www.xenasbeautycompany.com/images/thelook/ma_copy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh don't get it cut real short, i did this to mine before christmas and i'm kind of regretting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Think of it this way. If you get it medium length and you don't like it, there is still a lot of things you can do with it. If you get it cut short and you don't like it then you can't do anything but let it grow and wait till you can do something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

This time don't ask for a 'Jennifer Aniston', makes you look like you're simple(apologies if you are)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Naw, go for the shave... you wake up in the morning and your hair is already looking its best.

Binomate wrote:
    The first picture is a bit girly/high maintenance for my liking..
    The second..umm..we could just snip it here and there and it would be fine..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

zabbo wrote:
    This time don't ask for a 'Jennifer Aniston', makes you look like you're simple(apologies if you are)
    HAHA, thats the one, i couldn't put my finger on it. Well Said!

ya was funny indeed!:D..still laughn at it!

Hehe, well, perhaps, my girlfriend likes it so I'm not gonna go arguing with you as I don't really care. :)

But I'm getting it cut, so..unless Jennifer Aniston has gotten her hair chopped recently?

Don't really like the style Binomate posted, a little too long. I'm thinking maybe scissors all around but shorter on the sides/back than on the top, then just a bit of gel and mess around the top?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Fobia wrote:
    Don't really like the style Binomate posted, a little too long. I'm thinking maybe scissors all around but shorter on the sides/back than on the top, then just a bit of gel and mess around the top?

Don't get a mullet!!!

Why exactly are you getting it cut off?
    What does your girlfriend suggest?

Go to a good hairdresser (your girlfriend's perhaps?) and explain why you want your hair cut, your lifestyle, how much effort you want to put into your hair every day and ask them to suggest a style. That's their job.

Good luck!

mullet..hehe!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

mullet ftw tbh

daiixi wrote:
    Don't get a mullet!!!

Why exactly are you getting it cut off?
    What does your girlfriend suggest?

Go to a good hairdresser (your girlfriend's perhaps?) and explain why you want your hair cut, your lifestyle, how much effort you want to put into your hair every day and ask them to suggest a style. That's their job.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice, she doesn't have any idea what I should get. :)

But aye, I think I'll go in and try to explain that I want to get my hair cut short, but have no idea what I want to get!

And no, mullet is never an option. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

Stay away from the tearcatcher haircuts unless you want to look like a 15 year old emo kid.

Advertisement