Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy New Year

• 29-01-2006 12:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭

Happy New Year! Hoping this year for you is as energetic and playful as a dog! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Ya happy new year cause this bleeding board needs it. Its so dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Not my fault people don't want to post much stuff here :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

why no chinese new year festival this year, and how china town coming along

There's never any celebration for Chinese New Year in Ireland, and there's no China town in Ireland either...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 244 ✭✭tails2

jeez dementor for someone who mods the chinese board you dont know much about it ha ha joking

there is a china town every year near smithfield for a week at new year(well the last two years anyway)

the first year i went and it was great, last year it sucked big time though. they charged in and it was rubbish. it may have been bigger than the previous year but it was just sh!t

they tried to commercialize it(sp??) by making it bigger and charging in , but i was not as good.

also the amount of money they make off the spaces they rent to people to sell things is unfcuking real.

that also went up. i think it was 400euro the first year and about 700 or more last year

i wonder what it will be like this year

anyway happy new year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

Is there anything at all on today in Dublin ? My youngest was doing Chinese New Year in school this week and we're looking for somewhere to bring the kids today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

According to the newspaper yesterday, Dublin City Council declined to sponsor the Chinatown event this year so it was cancelled.

tails2 wrote:
    jeez dementor for someone who mods the chinese board you dont know much about it ha ha joking

there is a china town every year near smithfield for a week at new year(well the last two years anyway)

the first year i went and it was great, last year it sucked big time though. they charged in and it was rubbish. it may have been bigger than the previous year but it was just sh!t

they tried to commercialize it(sp??) by making it bigger and charging in , but i was not as good.

also the amount of money they make off the spaces they rent to people to sell things is unfcuking real.

that also went up. i think it was 400euro the first year and about 700 or more last year

i wonder what it will be like this year

anyway happy new year
    Well i've never been to Dublin on Chinese new year before, so I didn't know that :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭**elaine**

Happy New Year everybody! :)

Demeant0r wrote:
    Well i've never been to Dublin on Chinese new year before, so I didn't know that :p

my bad, i never bothered to look at your location.... ah well according to someone just above me it has been canceled this year. and rightly so.... god damned chinese ripping me off :mad:

• Advertisement

Didn't bother to create a new thread for this, since it is relevant to the New Year!

What did you do to celebrate the Chinese New Year?

I'm going to a chinese banquet this weekend, where there will be dancing displays, different workshops and a meal afterwards!

What about everyone else?

**elaine** wrote:
    Didn't bother to create a new thread for this, since it is relevant to the New Year!

What did you do to celebrate the Chinese New Year?

I'm going to a chinese banquet this weekend, where there will be dancing displays, different workshops and a meal afterwards!

What about everyone else?

wheres that on?? do you need tickets or anything?? how did you hear about it? are ya chinese by any chance??? lots of questions. doodle doodle doodle:D

tails2 wrote:
    wheres that on?? do you need tickets or anything?? how did you hear about it? are ya chinese by any chance??? lots of questions. doodle doodle doodle:D
    Its a private thing on in Dublin and yes you need tickets.
    I'm not chinese but my sister is adopted from there and its a gathering for the members of this chinese adoption contact group!
    Should be good! :)

Lots of questions indeed!! ;)

I had a nice home cooked meal with the family :)

**elaine** wrote:
    Its a private thing on in Dublin and yes you need tickets.
    I'm not chinese but my sister is adopted from there and its a gathering for the members of this chinese adoption contact group!
    Should be good! :)

Lots of questions indeed!! ;)

not being n osy... well actually am being nosy( do i get points for being honest???:D ),

whats it like for your sister here? can she speak any chinese or just the aul english??? how long has she been here? how did your parents come to adopt from china? when i was there last time, on my way back we saw about 7 couples who had just adopted chinese kids and where on their way back ( none spoke english[the parents, i mean])

i am generally interested so i hope you dont think i am bs-ing or anything:)

Demeant0r wrote:
    I had a nice home cooked meal with the family :)

dementor, now this probably seems completely and utterly frickin stupid..., but are you chinese or married to chinese or anything?:D

tails2 wrote:
    not being n osy... well actually am being nosy( do i get points for being honest???:D ),

whats it like for your sister here? can she speak any chinese or just the aul english??? how long has she been here? how did your parents come to adopt from china? when i was there last time, on my way back we saw about 7 couples who had just adopted chinese kids and where on their way back ( none spoke english[the parents, i mean])

i am generally interested so i hope you dont think i am bs-ing or anything:)
    Shes only little, she'll be here a year in March! She can't speak Mandarin yet but there's kids classes in Dublin that teach Mandarin that she'll be going to when shes around 4/5 on a Saturday morning!

What part of China were you in? Are you Chinese?

**elaine** wrote:
    Shes only little, she'll be here a year in March! She can't speak Mandarin yet but there's kids classes in Dublin that teach Mandarin that she'll be going to when shes around 4/5 on a Saturday morning!

What part of China were you in? Are you Chinese?

no i am not chinese... my gf of over 3 years is and some friends are also... i dont want to sound stupid but where are the classes?? do you know if they would let a 22 year old attend... gotta start somewhere:o

tails2 wrote:
    dementor, now this probably seems completely and utterly frickin stupid..., but are you chinese or married to chinese or anything?:D
    My parents are Chinese, I was born here in Galway, and have lived most of my life here, so I'm not very culturally Chinese :p

tails2 wrote:
    no i am not chinese... my gf of over 3 years is and some friends are also... i dont want to sound stupid but where are the classes?? do you know if they would let a 22 year old attend... gotta start somewhere:o
    Not sure of where exactly they are, in Dublin somewhere!
    I think these ones are just for children, they do nursery rhymes etc. with them!

At the new year celebration yesterday, there was dvds on how to learn mandarin.. I'm sure if you looked around you might be able to find one of them, just to learn the basics. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Zion

Can't believe it forgot to say happy new year here. Ar well it's only the 9th of the first month, never too late. So, Happy Year 4703 to everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lyrama

Heya, they're classes on beside O'Connell St and one's in Synge St. My friend goes to the one in Synge St so I'll get some details and post 'em on here for ya! HAPPY BE-LATED NEW YEAR GUYS:D !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭DaSilva

Bit late, but happy new year, or dunno the characters of course :p but

Shin yen quai le :D

Was over in shanghai for the new year, telling you the fireworks are amazing, even if they are more borderline bombs than they are fireworks!

Advertisement