Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boy Racers decend on our City.

Options
  • 29-01-2006 12:26am
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Reports of atleast 300 or so out around Bonmahon and another load in Kill and along the car parks on the quay.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Someone's organised a cruise God help us.

I'll post over on the motors board - see anyone knows anything.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

Where are the fashion police when you need them? :)

I can hear plenty of Wavin pipe exhausts coming from erm proberly the Cork rd..hard to tell.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Reaver772

They've now blocked off the n29 and are pulling donouts while an idiot holds onto the back windscreen or sits out the passenger window or both.

I hope this ends in an accident! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

They're all using walkie talkies as well...they think they're on Miami Vice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

notfink rong with a bita razing around da gaff boi
    this be mee at da last raze, hafd sum laughf boi

chav.jpg

i luvs getting offf mee chuck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Deadly boy

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

mike65 wrote:
    I can hear plenty of Wavin pipe exhausts coming from erm proberly the Cork rd..hard to tell.

Mike.

They were also tearing up and down around the docks/car parks on the quays area up to around 2.30 this morning. Like you I could hear all these exhausts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

They must have been on the Dunmore Road, I could hear them in the small hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Dac51

Driving along the outer ring road last night and 6 boy racers overtook me on the outside lane. They must have been doing at least 70mph they were going so fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

there was loads of them in Tramore last night, i was walkin home about 11:00 and there was dozens of them tearing around at high speed, they made some racket the noise was deafening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Head over to http://www.cruiseirl.com/index.php? and find out. :D

:rolleyes:

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

And where are the Gardaí?? Or better still.. the army.. the army would love to tackle something like this lol

Bond-007 wrote:
    Head over to http://www.cruiseirl.com/index.php? and find out. :D

i have better things to be doing than reading posts by a lot of knobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The Gardai actually read that forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

And where are the Gardaí?

good point ! plus id love to see them chase the racers in that police toyota yaris thats around the town :v:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Just to play devils advocate..

Are they really doing much harm?? As a friend of mine just said.. count ourselves lucky... where he grew up in Dublin they did the same thing.. only they robbed your car to do it first!!

Appently one of them buried his Scooby in a wall yesterday. Says it all really.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Dac51 wrote:
    Driving along the outer ring road last night and 6 boy racers overtook me on the outside lane. They must have been doing at least 70mph they were going so fast.

So just like the people in a rush to go to work in the morning then :rolleyes:

@Psychedelic

I seriously doubt they were "tearing around at high speed". The guards had it at a standstill in tramore last night. Fair play to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

bp_me wrote:
    @Psychedelic

I seriously doubt they were "tearing around at high speed". The guards had it at a standstill in tramore last night. Fair play to them.

when i saw them they were going fast where they could, i don't mean 100mph or anything, like they would just boot it up the road till they came to another car in front of them, just the usual way they drive.

bp_me wrote:
    So just like the people in a rush to go to work in the morning then :rolleyes:

@Psychedelic

The Gardai had it at a standstill in Tramore but it didn't look like they had it at a standstill on the outer ring road in Waterford. Are you trying to say that it is ok to travel at 70mph on a 40mph stretch when there is no more than 4 or 5 feet between each car? If the car in front had to stop suddenly then it was curtains for the rest. Doesn't seem like harmless fun to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

mike65 wrote:
    Appently one of them buried his Scooby in a wall yesterday. Says it all really.

Mike.

Some fools never learn. You always hear of someone who destroyed a Scooby at a "cruise".

Dac51 wrote:
    The Gardai had it at a standstill in Tramore but it didn't look like they had it at a standstill on the outer ring road in Waterford. Are you trying to say that it is ok to travel at 70mph on a 40mph stretch when there is no more than 4 or 5 feet between each car? If the car in front had to stop suddenly then it was curtains for the rest. Doesn't seem like harmless fun to me.

Im not trying to justify the way they were driving, merely pointing out it isnt only modified cars that break the speed limit by a large margin on that road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

magick wrote:
    good point ! plus id love to see them chase the racers in that police toyota yaris thats around the town :v:

LMAO! I love that car. :-)

bp_me wrote:
    Im not trying to justify the way they were driving, merely pointing out it isnt only modified cars that break the speed limit by a large margin on that road.

Fair enough, I accept your point about all types of cars breaking the limit on the road but I've never seen a group of normal cars breaking the limit and sticking so close together. It was an accident waiting to happen.

bp_me, you can't justify this kind of action. It's like a group of kids running around a kitchen with knifes in each of their hands. It's total anti social behaviour and the guards should do more to break up this nonsense. Modified Cars shouldn't be let on the road in the first place. Too often they create noise pollution with exhaust pipes and audio modifications. As well as been altered to be raised x amount of inches over the road and the like. I don't know how insurance companies insure these cars in the first place.

I really really hate scumbags, and i really really really hate boy racers. They are the scum of the earth. Ok, well maybe not the scum of the earth but they are still scumbags of the highest order. Scummier than your normal scumbag anyway.

bp_me, you can't justify this kind of action. It's like a group of kids running around a kitchen with knifes in each of their hands. It's total anti social behaviour and the guards should do more to break up this nonsense. Modified Cars shouldn't be let on the road in the first place. Too often they create noise pollution with exhaust pipes and audio modifications. As well as been altered to be raised x amount of inches over the road and the like. I don't know how insurance companies insure these cars in the first place.

I really really hate scumbags, and i really really really hate boy racers. They are the scum of the earth. Ok, well maybe not the scum of the earth but they are still scumbags of the highest order. Scummier than your normal scumbag anyway.

*sigh*...where to start

1) I wasnt trying to justify anything.
    2) You could argue getting pissed off your face and causing fights is anti-social.
    3) Loud exhausts, fair enough. Though a fair amount of the lads I know have baffles they install most of the year round and only take them out for events such as this.
    4) Altered to be raised over standard?? This is the opposite of what almost every modifier does
    5) You may be surprised to know that insurance companies dont actually care once you dont alter the performance the vehicle.
    6) You would be surprised at some of the people driving modified cars. You can usually tell the scumbag from the genuine person and shouldn't label all modifiers the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭cianclarke

The noise pollution issue is a fair point, it's a royal pain in the arse. Surely there must be some sort of legislation in place - a certain dB limit or the likes?

• Advertisement

cianclarke wrote:
    The noise pollution issue is a fair point, it's a royal pain in the arse. Surely there must be some sort of legislation in place - a certain dB limit or the likes?

74db by EU regulations, but the facilities to test according to EU regs dont exist.

Advertisement