Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Players unhappy

Options
  • 29-01-2006 3:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭

I've a couple of star players and some big teams approached me to buy them, I turned them down, now the star players are unhappy and wants to leave. I would dearly love to hold on to them, but is there anyway of solving their unhappiness or will it go away over time? Thing is a new season is starting, they're unhappy and mightn't want to perform for me :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

This works in FM 05, don't know about 06, but still...

When one of your players starts attracting interest from big clubs, and there's no way you're the equal of that club, you're players will want to leave. Simple, that's life.

So anyway, I was Ajax, first season, ran away with the league, semis of the Champions League, success masterminded by Wes Sneijder and Rafa van der Vaart. So clubs come in to sign them, they ask what price I want for van der Vaart, and I tell them - £45 million. They all back out, I keep my star player, and he's happy to stay, because I accepted the bid.

Slight warning, one team met my price - Barca. So I had to sell him. For £45 million. :D

Same thing happened with Sneijder, Real in that case, payed around £40 - 45 million. With £90 million to spend I picked up some nice replacements, and finally captured the Champions League.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I did the exact same thing in my current game with Man United. Chelsea offered for Ronaldo and I said I wanted £50 million. Being Chelsea, they duly obliged. Then bagged myself Joaquin for £20 million as a much better replacement. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

besty wrote:
    I did the exact same thing in my current game with Man United. Chelsea offered for Ronaldo and I said I wanted £50 million. Being Chelsea, they duly obliged. Then bagged myself Joaquin for £20 million as a much better replacement. :D
    Fool, you coulda gotten alot more but personally I wouldn't have sold him. He's the best right winger in the game and will be for at least 8 years. Whereas Joaquin is much shorter lived (still excellent though)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Chelsea always come in for Ronaldo and I won't sell him. he stays unhappy for a couple of months but his performances don't drop. same with messi he wants to leave for chelsea but after awhile he says he's happy at the club...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

whats really funny is that united have been all over me for gudjohnsen, i sold him eventually for 25mill to them and he played 9 games the whole season!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Sold Rooney to Chelsea for £55 million.

He went straight on to the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

In FM05, i got Van der vaart for free and sold him to Real Madrid for 75M, and two random wonderkids for 75M and 83M all in the one game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Dempsey wrote:
    In FM05, i got Van der vaart for free and sold him to Real Madrid for 75M, and two random wonderkids for 75M and 83M all in the one game.
    lol nice :) In my game I sold Malbranque to Chelski for 40M and Bouba Diop for around the same price O_o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Demeant0r wrote:
    lol nice :) In my game I sold Malbranque to Chelski for 40M and Bouba Diop for around the same price O_o
    :eek: Jeepers, thats impressive. Were you cleaning up with Fulham or what? Did you get in any superstars to shine at the Cottage?

besty wrote:
    :eek: Jeepers, thats impressive. Were you cleaning up with Fulham or what? Did you get in any superstars to shine at the Cottage?
    After selling them I bought Sidney Govou for about 16M, Salomon Kalou for around 10M and Evandro for 7M, oh and Vincent Kompany for an amount I can't remember, and they all did superb for me :) This was in my 3rd season...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

usually encourage the players at hlaf time and praise a player every month or second month. Make sure he's a player with strong influence on the others and is actually playing well cause fans will react. Works fine for me. Main thing is get good results and when u do say the team was sensational...

Luis Boa Morte just handed me a transfer request after a public outburst, I accepted and in his profile it says he "is not sure whether he should leave the club", seems a little weird... anyone able to explain this?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Heat of the moment type thing, just need to wait and he might withdraw the request. Happened me with Petrov and when I rejects advances from other clubs he became very unhappy and was looking to leave

William Gallas for me was unhappy and said he wanted to play more through the media so i responded saying he will play if he trains well. Now in personal it said happy to remain at the club.

In his personal it said happy the new manager acknowledged his comments and vowed to show his worth. He has since been excellent and played every single game for me. Now apparently he is unhappy that he is not a first team regular!!!

How the hell does that work?

Well how about that... Luis Boa Morte asked to be removed from the transfer list, probably because it's near the end of the season and we're 8th atm... :)

This game is so buggy, I lost Zat Knight to injury and he has done amazing for me, I said to the media losing him will be a 'big blow' and then a couple of days later my assistant tells me he's dejected because of the comment I made to the press... that makes no sense!

I had a mixed effect. Lampard is out injured for 3 months. I said it was a big blow. Brito tells me lampard arrived to training with a spring in his step (quite good for someone out with torn knee ligaments!) after my comments to the media.

On the other side a few others are now upset as because the loss of Lamps is such a big blow they feel i dont trust them to take over his place!!!

I mean wtf? surely in real life players are not that difficult...

Advertisement