Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Leaving the hub caps off

Options
  • 29-01-2006 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I had to take my hubs off for the NCT there and I think the car looks better without them. Is it ok to leave them off? It's a 91 fiesta:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭seatleon2000

where do you live ? the hub cap police were up around my neck of the woods yesterday...we were all very nervous

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

What the? Is it illegal?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

cormie wrote:
    What the? Is it illegal?

I don't think so but most cars have terrible black painted steel wheels underneath the plastic wheel trim.

I have seen plenty of cars going around without hup caps, I think they are only there for cosmetic reasons.

My hubs make the car look cheap and plasticky, without them it just looks cheap and rusty. I prefer the rustic look;)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you could splash out and buy a new set of hubcaps, it would increase the value of your car by between 20-25%

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Come April it's gonna be 6 penalty points for not having matching hub caps.

I know that's bull:D
    colm_mcm
    you could splash out and buy a new set of hubcaps, it would increase the value of your car by between 20-25%

Haha, even when I fill the tank it increases the value of my car by about 25% :p

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

you should probably notify your insurers if you're modifying your car to that extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

colm_mcm wrote:
    you should probably notify your insurers if you're modifying your car to that extent.

They'd probably try and wrangle out of paying full price since their value included hubcaps

I'll just say they rolled off upon impact.. into my house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

cormie wrote:
    Hi,
    I had to take my hubs off for the NCT there and I think the car looks better without them. Is it ok to leave them off? It's a 91 fiesta:o

Ya leave them off , they make the fiesta look too bling bling ..............unless its the west coast custom look of pimp my ride your going for

Maybe you could stick them in the buy and sell - theres loadsa fiesty modifiers out there that would appreciate them !!

Are you joking? People would pay for hubcaps from a 91 fiesta? You must be joking:rolleyes:

Advertisement