Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Digiweb DSL

• 29-01-2006 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭

I'm in the process of changing to Smart and emailed Digiweb 3 days ago to cancel my DSL BB on the Whitehall exchange. They sent me this the following day:

I can confirm that your DSL connection has been cancelled. The reference
    for this is 7xxxxxxxxx.

Anyway I emailed them back to find out when my BB service from them would actually cease as they specify a one-month notice period in their terms and conditions. No reply as yet but my BB is gone since last night although the DSL light is still lit on my modem.

So my question is has my BB been cancelled and if so why is my DSL light still on? Maybe Eircom have to do something to take DSL off the line? I realise I could ring Digiweb but I don't think there's much chance of getting anyone on a Sunday! Anyway I'm resigned to the fact that I'm in for a BB less few weeks:(

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Digiweb probably just ceased your account and so you can't connect, but you are probably still jumpered at the exchange and this is why your DSL light is still synched.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Thanks for that jsb - digiweb confirmed today that my sub is cancelled. DSL light still lit - wonder how long it'll take for the change over to smart to be completed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Digiweb will just cancel the bitstream account, but your line will still be connected to a DSLAM until an eircom engineer takes it off (which they'll be in no hurry to do, unless they're running out of ports).

It shouldn't take to long (~10 working days?) to get switched over to Smart, assuming all is in order with the Digiweb account, and Smart have processed the LLU request at the right time (when bitstream had been ceased, and not before, etc.).

.cg

Advertisement