Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tattoo - parental consent?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 mdmafo

I would wait

The one I had done when I was young I hate! Your tastes will change and develop over the years.

Theres no rush get some piercings instead until your sure

also there addictive once you get one ...............you want more ..........roar

Ive spet the last 3 years thinking about my next tat just can't think of where to out it grrr really needs to go round something like a bone or a spine

*day dreams off*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭crazy_dude6662

mdmafo wrote:
    I would wait

The one I had done when I was young I hate! Your tastes will change and develop over the years.

Theres no rush get some piercings instead until your sure

also there addictive once you get one ...............you want more ..........roar

Ive spet the last 3 years thinking about my next tat just can't think of where to out it grrr really needs to go round something like a bone or a spine

*day dreams off*

im 1 million percent sure, i have wanted one for AGES! but i wanted a tattoo more, but since i cant get it done im gonna get a peircing, i found a place that will do nape or scaffold (they are good, and apparently one of the best...i wont name them for fear of banning :)) so im realy really happy!!!! om going to get my nape done as i wanted that first (i saw a picture of it and i loved it straight away) IM SOOOO EXITED YAY!!!!

okay im calmer.....slightly....

im 1 million percent sure, i have wanted one for AGES! but i wanted a tattoo more, but since i cant get it done im gonna get a peircing, i found a place that will do nape or scaffold (they are good, and apparently one of the best...i wont name them for fear of banning :)) so im realy really happy!!!! om going to get my nape done as i wanted that first (i saw a picture of it and i loved it straight away) IM SOOOO EXITED YAY!!!!

okay im calmer.....slightly....

I know you want a tattoo but it's what you decide to print on your skin is the point

The longer you wait the more your ideas for the image will blossom, grow, complicate and be more intricate

See this agrivating waiting period as just more time to come up with a better tattoo design

hey had my nape piercing for 3 years

But alas it started growing out and I had to take it out last week...... bah :(

had a 4.5cm bar through there too !! Ooh im excited for you get all tingley when getting peirced woot

Good luck chuck

im pretty sure i know what i want tattoo wise.....i want like ripped skin with somthing inside...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Congrats Crazy--Nape is a great piercing.Ive mine done over a year now and its deffo my favourite(Until I get the nerve for that ampallang Im always asking about :eek: :eek: :eek: )

• Advertisement

whats an ampallang?? it sounds.....personal......

i only have one problem..my mum isnt sure its safe...i beleive the phrases
    Unnatural
    most dangerous place to get pierced

came up

her arguments are
    A)my brain could get infected if the piercing does
    B)i could get MRSA
    C)it looks "wierd" (although i dont see how that has anything to do with her...she wont have it :))

so i email the place to find out if that could happen.... (excluding C of course)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

whats an ampallang?? it sounds.....personal......

i only have one problem..my mum isnt sure its safe...i beleive the phrases
    Unnatural
    most dangerous place to get pierced

came up

her arguments are
    A)my brain could get infected if the piercing does
    B)i could get MRSA
    C)it looks "wierd" (although i dont see how that has anything to do with her...she wont have it :))

so i email the place to find out if that could happen.... (excluding C of course)

go here and search for ampallang, I dont want to post a link to that search as that would be against the charter as it has links to genital piercings, but you can do the search yourself. Also have a look there for any other body modification questions you may have it's a good resource.

http://encyc.bmezine.com/

OH MY GOD! :shocked:
    PAINFUL!!!

sorry....ouch....your a far braver man than i could ever be if you get that done

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Its "personal" alright Crazydude but I just havent got the nerve to get it done yet.

As for your worries regarding the Nape--Dont worry about it.Once its done properly by a profesional piercer and you look after it correctly you wont have any problems.

It doesnt look that wierd either--Most people dont even notice it.

thats why i want it, i can have it in school and not be forced to make the choice of

get rid of it before we get rid of you....

• Advertisement

Blub2k4 wrote:
    go here and search for ampallang, I dont want to post a link to that search as that would be against the charter as it has links to genital piercings, but you can do the search yourself. Also have a look there for any other body modification questions you may have it's a good resource.

http://encyc.bmezine.com/

Ouch !!

he he he full respect .....but eek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 x-Sinners-x

:confused: hey im 15 rite, nd i want my toungue,my upper top lip nd nose peirced and i want a tattoo sayin vicky on d back of my neck.is dat 2 much? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Karona_Marona

Yes! Your 15!!! :eek: Trust me... you will not want your name tattooed on your back when you turn 20... although i suppose it is quite handy if you get very drunk one night and forget your name! :D

Just going to quote the charter here.....

Rule 6.
    No more asking for information on underage Tattooing or Piercing.
    A Tattooist here in Ireland WILL NOT Tattoo you if you are under 18 so dont ask if anyone knows who or where "might" do it?
    Most piercing are over 18s although there are a few that are 16 with parental consent.If you are 13 and want a piercing done then these boards are not the place to ask.

The person who asks will be given a 2 week ban and if anyone replies with advice they will also get a 2 week ban.

I was just telling her that she wont want vicky tattooed o her back by the time she is 20.... i really dont see the harm in it!

The warning wasnt directed at you Karona.

Oh right sorry my mistake. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

The charter is wrong though so that rule is rubbish. not gonna say anywhere coz i'll get a banning but the charter is just plain wrong.

Sorry, i posted that in this thread already but hadn't been in the tattoo forum since. i was asked to back it up by he who set out the charter so
    Outback tattoo in mullingar is a place that will tattoo under 18s and its a clean place and does great work.
    I know of a few placves in dublin too but not gonna mentiopn names as i cant remember which ones for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

There's no such thing as the charter being wrong. It's the policy of Boards, which is privately owned, to decide what can and can't be said on its forums. Simple as.

The charter is wrong though so that rule is rubbish. not gonna say anywhere coz i'll get a banning but the charter is just plain wrong.

Sorry, i posted that in this thread already but hadn't been in the tattoo forum since. i was asked to back it up by he who set out the charter so
    Outback tattoo in mullingar is a place that will tattoo under 18s and its a clean place and does great work.
    I know of a few placves in dublin too but not gonna mentiopn names as i cant remember which ones for sure.

Any decent tattooist worth their salt wont tattoo underage people.I personally wouldnt go near that place youve mentioned after saying that he tattoos underage regardless what his work is like.
    I also know of places in Dublin that tattoo underage persons but they wont get my business.

If you dont like the charter then dont bother posting here and Im sure most of the regulars here will agree with me on the underage issue.
    Richie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

I ment the statement in the charter was wrong.

And how do you figure that a place is bad just because it tattoos people who are under 18. thats just rubbish. its not illegal and if a persons parents give the ok then they are not doing anything wrong.

And just to add, i agre that not all people should be allowed get tattoos young but its more a case of some people being mature and others being idiots the same way people over the age of 18 can be idiots.

Its nothing got to do with maturity---The tattoo industry here is totally unregulated and in order for it to get regulated then there has to be a standard to regulate it by.

In other countries that standard is 18 years of age to be tattooed and its my opinion that thats what it should be here aswell.And most tattoo shops agree that there should be some form of regulation and since theres not they "try" to self regulate by setting 18 years old as a standard for tattooing.

Shops that go against that rule are generally frowned upon.

The charter reflects that self-imposed standard and if shops change that standard then the charter will change aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Jasus, why hadn't I seen this threat before? It's ALL going on. To the 15yr old.... That's a seriously bad idea. Besides. Most piercers won't pierce under 16/18s. And FORGET that tattoo idea. there's a massive regret right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 keelzer

a tattoo is a life long decision....remember having vicky tattooed on the back of your neck may be well and good now...but what about when your 80???

and as for this whole underage business...speaking as someone with many very close ties to people within the industry(like many other people here) every tattooist i've incountered sets themself to the standard over 18 only rule....the few i know who have tattooed someone who is under 18 have put it down to bad judgement...as in someone looking older then they are and the tattooist neglecting to ask for id!!

Hey Keelzer... i think i know you, are you friends with Dee?

why yes i am indeed!!!!!

Ah now i definitly know you, im the girl thats usually with dee. :D

ah wit the pretty curls!!!!

lol... those curls aint pretty... i HATE THEM... but anyhow!! lol yep thats me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement