Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Martin O'Neill

• 29-01-2006 1:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

According to a couple of the morning papers and 5Live is going to speak to England about Sven's gig. I reckon it's bollix myself, he'd never be able to set foot in the North again if he did.

Just say it is true, it'd go to show how unattractive the Irish job was if he was to take over at England at feasibly the same time as he could have done with us.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Ireland job is like stacking shelves compared to the boardroom ambience of the England job (or the Italy Germany Spain etc jobs). If O'Niell was'nt interested he'd have little ambition in my book.

Mind you that does'nt distract from all the boll*cks about how the job must go to an Englishman. O'Niell is'nt English so how would he placate those who reckon to must go to a 'native' (I bet they'll be quiet enough if Hiddink got the job too)?

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

damienom wrote:
    he'd never be able to set foot in the North again if he did.
    Well it's not his fault if he comes from a country of bigots. I know if Dave O'Leary for example took the England job (haha that'd be funny) I wouldn't hold it against him.

I don't think ONeill should turn the job down if he gets offered it. I reckon he's just the man England need (better than SamAllardyce anyway).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Pigman II wrote:
    Well it's not his fault if he comes from a country of bigots. I know if Dave O'Leary for example took the England job (haha that'd be funny) I wouldn't hold it against him.

I would be delighted, they would probably fail to qualify again :)
    I don't think ONeill should turn the job down if he gets offered it. I reckon he's just the man England need (better than SamAllardyce anyway).

Of course, you are assuming 1) He wants the aggro from the OTT media and 2) His wife is better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

It wouldnt make sense for him as even if his wife was getting better and he did decide on a return to work(hardly considering celtic are still paying him)
    he wouldnt want the commitment nor invasion of privacy the job would carry.

the F.A.I would have been stupid not to contact his agent and they no doubt go a no anwser. O neil if was to manage again either Irish jobs or Manu/forest hotseat would be top of his wish list with Liverpool,rangers(last) and England far behind

As for erikson he would be mad to coach an english club as the press would be on his back again(he is great back & front page material) so if he takes the newcastle job it will be a clear admission that the FA sacked him.

The FA should just give mcclaren the job or some like robson as they have an easy european qualifying group and can afford to wait a year to get their man.

Id put my money on Hiddenk though.

Advertisement