Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rothweiler diet

Options
  • 29-01-2006 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭

Hi, my mate has a rothweiler,she's 13s 2lb, she's been very sick lately we took her to the vet,he thought she might have been poisoned.
    Is there anything we can do to get her to shed a few pounds?She is not as quick as she used to be!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Maybe she's just getting old? How old is she and how does that compare to the Rottweiler life expectancy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Also how often & what foods are being fed to the rottie at the moment??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭Ginger83

She's 9, many say they dont live past 8 but she has a wicket appetit, she gets fed anything, you name it, from the table to lumps of ham to chicken carcasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

She's being fed entire chicken carcasses with bones?? no wonder she aint well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Chicken bones are BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In fact table scraps all the time are not good! I have 11 dogs including 1 older rescued rottie who was half starved - my big dogs including the rotti get 1 mug - regular sized mug full of bakers complete & each big dog gets a third of a tin of brandy once a day! that is enough! All my guys are glossy & full of life.

• Advertisement
Advertisement