Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fps

Options
  • 29-01-2006 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

I have an fx57 with 2 x 6800gts and 2 gb ram.
    I am playing battlefield 2 maxxed out and get 95-100fps.
    Is this right for this this rig or should i be getting more?
    Thanx ................

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Frame-rate needed for smooth gameplay -- >60fps

I suspect a smug b*stard :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 bullhammer

K.O.Kiki wrote:
    Frame-rate needed for smooth gameplay -- >60fps

I suspect a smug b*stard :rolleyes:
    Sorry if you took me up the wrong way, but I didnt know about fraps.com until this morning.......................

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i think anything above 60fps is useless. why? because the human eye can't see the difference. dogs can though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

i think anything above 60fps is useless. why? because the human eye can't see the difference. dogs can though...

What you say is true, but i do notice when the game FPS go higher then 60 as it just looks better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah, how terrible, because I'm sure even though its maxed out, with 100fps, despite us generally only being able to see 50-70 really, there *could* be something wrong with your rig....:rolleyes:

Last time I got 100fps on a game was Soldier of Fortune II.....but that runs on a 500mhz machine :D

I never bothered checking my fps in any modern games....if it looks good and plays smooth, I don't give a crap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

HavoK wrote:
    I never bothered checking my fps in any modern games....if it looks good and plays smooth, I don't give a crap!

indeed. though i have the little tracker thing on css (i can't remember how to turn it off). i tend to get a steady 50fps or there abouts without any of this tweakery...

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

indeed. though i have the little tracker thing on css (i can't remember how to turn it off). i tend to get a steady 50fps or there abouts without any of this tweakery...

meh... i get about 120 to 180 fps... on stock!

incidentally anyone know how to turn off that tracker/display thingy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

netgraph_0
    I hope thats what your on about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Doc_Savage wrote:
    meh... i get about 120 to 180 fps... on stock!

incidentally anyone know how to turn off that tracker/display thingy?

What card have you got? CS: S isn't a very demanding game in terms of gfx though....I'd imagine you should be getting alot more with your x800 projectmayhem!

Advertisement