Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended games for the Pstwo?

• 29-01-2006 2:36pm

Hi,

I just got a PS2 and was looking for some advice on the best games for the machine? Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,749 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Shadow of the Colossus is out soon, buy it, it's brilliant along with the rerelease of Ico.

Resident Evil 4 was the best game of last year.

If you like RPGs pick up FFX.

Zone of Enders 2: 2nd Runner is a great game that you can probably get cheap.

Metal Gear Solid 3 is another great Kojima game

Gradius V: Budget price shoot'em up but still one of the best games on the system.

Devil May Cry 3, God of War, Kingdom Hearts are all great action games. Don't be put off by the disney characters in KH, it's a great game which is still quite dark and a bit tough.

Silent Hill 2 if you really want to mess with your head.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

omg you missed Prince of Persia - The Sands of Time. The most perfect game I've ever played. :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Cabelo

We <3 Katamari is out soon too. It's definitely worth a go if you've not played Katamari Damacy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Pick up Pro Evolution Soccer 5 if you're into soccer games.

The Warriors is also pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

killzone
    burnout revenge
    metal gear solid 2 and 3
    resident evil 4
    freedom fighters (an oldie but a goodie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Retr0gamer wrote:

Silent Hill 2 if you really want to mess with your head.

is it any good? just got the xbox version "silent hill2 inner fears"

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

Eh i might have missed something here, but for someone that just got a PS 2, id go for the Grand theft auto pack, would keep you going for months

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,749 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Xbox version is the same but with an added chapter.

Killzone is absolute garbage. Avoid it even at the low prices it is going at. It's that price for a reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Resident Evil 4... fantastic stuff! Also Ico when it's re-released (only 3 weeks away, and if you want to check it out before then there should be a combined Shadow of the Colossus/Ico demo in any branch of GAME), God of War, Final Fantasy X, Kingdom Hearts, Soul Calibur 2 and 3, Burnout (particularly 3), and despite the reputation as kids games, the Ratchet and Clank games are pretty good too. If you want FPS, then TimeSplitters 2 or Future Perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Def Jam Fight for NY

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

Devil May Cry (original) is the best game I have ever played.

I completed RE4 over Xmas, fantastic game

ALso consider Gran Turismo 4 and of course the GTA series 3, Vice, and San Andreas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

I'd defintely go for Beyond Good and Evil, Ace Combat 5 and Pro Evo 5

Advertisement