Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car won't start

Options
  • 29-01-2006 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

97 Punto < :eek: Shock horror!!

So, as it says on the tin, it won't start, tried to jump start it but no luck....

Looks like i'm going to have to get a garage to pick it up tomorrow:( Any idea how much that would cost?

Also, it needs a service, i was thinking of getting it all done at the same time if i can.. but at the moment i can't afford the dealership prices - 280e for a full service:rolleyes: Would a smaller garage be trustworthy enough for a service?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Any old garage can service a Punto. What were the symptoms of your cars lack of starting? Did the electrics come on? Could you crank the starter? Did it try to start but would'nt catch?

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

electrics are fine, it tried to start but couldn't quite get there..

Cold morning of course, but a jump start would get past a poor battery charge. It could be something very simple like a HT lead not making proper contact with a spark plug or fuel starvation caused by failed fuel pump or relay.

Any signs of trouble before today?

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

well, it nearly did happen the other day too, i had been driving it to pick someone up, left it for about 10 minutes, when i got back it took a few attempts to get it started again..

Other than that, not really, as you say, cold mornings an all, it didn't always start first time.

These things always crop up when you're poor! How much would a smaller garage charge for a service, ball park figure?

Ah I dunno really I do most routine stuff myself but for the standard oil/filter/plugs etc sort of service I'd say €120-150, you might drop the costs a bit by buying the parts like plugs, filter and oil yourself from a motors factors.

Mike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement