Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is sony NW-HD5 the way to go?

Options
  • 29-01-2006 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hey, my ipod battery has finally given up the struggle after only 12 months, the apple scumbags wont get another penny out of me, so I'm on the look-out for a new mp3 player and have my eye on this; http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews89920.html, just wondering if anyone out there would recommend it or if there is something better out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

They were a cracking machine, but have been replaced by the NWA-3000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

I hear that Sony software interface sucks a fat one compared to ipod and itunes UI

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Seeing as you already have an IPOD, you could try replacing the battery with a lithium polymer one yourself. They only cost about $10 -15 on ebay. Might be worth trying before you shell out a couple of hundred euro on a new player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭smarty

mcginr wrote:
    Hey, my ipod battery has finally given up the struggle after only 12 months, the apple scumbags wont get another penny out of me, so I'm on the look-out for a new mp3 player and have my eye on this; http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews89920.html, just wondering if anyone out there would recommend it or if there is something better out there?

I have a sony nw hd5 for sale if you are interested. I used it for a couple of days, and it has been sitting in the box for the past few months. €200?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

I have th nwe 407 quite a nice little mp3 player.I recommend it if your interested in something aroung the gb capacity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Isnt SonicStage or what ever its called meant to be a complete nightmare though??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Some ppl have had problems with it,but i have had it since June and haven't had one problem.There are regular updates available for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Cassiel

Highly recommend the nwe-407 as well, purchased when I finally got fed up of the tempermental ipod battery (shockingly i would have bought a Nano if it were in stock at the time :rolleyes: ). It's only 1GB holds about 35 CD's but it can go 2-3 weeks without charge (and thats being used 1-2 hours a day) vs ipod 2-3 days, and always needing a bloody charge just when you want to use it. Software is the same as for HD-5, works OK, wouldn't use it as my jukebox on the PC though, to transfer songs onto the player it'll take your wma or wav and re-encode it into ATRAC (sony) this takes quite awhile. mp3's are supposed to transfer to the player without being re-encoded.

HD-5 is/was very nice though! discontinued but.
    Franky Boy wrote:
    I have th nwe 407 quite a nice little mp3 player.I recommend it if your interested in something aroung the gb capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

I just bought the Sony NW-A1000 2 days ago :) very happy with it, i would recommend it and im sure the NW-A3000 is just as good think there exact same except that a bit bigger in size and has 20gigs :)

Advertisement