Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet chatter

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

If that was the case it would have stated the charge was €10 rather than €0, surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Grayarea

Latest update;

Seems that more than one STB will not work for the forseeable future. This is a major pain for me.

EPG has gone down again, not sure when it will be back.

Not a happy camper :(

Later,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭iggyman

since magnets phone servive is voip does that mean it would take some of your download allowance away for each call?..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 487 ✭✭cormac_byrne

I wouldn't worry as it doesn't use much bandwidth. I assume that the TV stream doesn't count against download allowance ;) so the phone shouldn't either.

Whether Magnet can separate these in their stats would be interesting to know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭iggyman

yeah alri.. that sounds good..thanx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

one thing i have found extremely annoying about magnet is that they won't allow me to access anything inside the router. for example, I want to set up a static ip address and to open ports in the router. however, i am asked for a password. however, when i called magnet to ask them for the password, they told me that they are not obliged to give this to me. I find this absolutely ridiculous, as other isp's alow you to access and change settings to suit yourself. eg eircom, who i was previously with. has anyone else had this problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭bungholio

What you have to do is get your own router, plug the wan port into the magnet router on ethernet setting / dhcp then the wan port will obtain a public ip address and you will be able to use it that way, just think of magnets router as a modem only, there is no other way around this, the magnet box only assigns public ip addresses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭pinksoir

yeah, but will that allow me to open ports, seeings as the Magnet 2wire router is firewalled AND password protected?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

smiaras wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

according to: http://www.magnet.ie/glossary/index.shtml

What is the contention ratio of Broadband with Magnet Entertainment?
    Magnet Entertainment provides its services using Fibre To The Home (FTTH) and ADSL 2+ technologies. Where we deliver service either through FTTH or ADSL 2+ the broadband services is uncontended. This means that the broadband service delivered is dedicated to you and you will not have to share your line with other users.

So i dunno, my brother has the Magnet Lite Package and he says he gets a solid 490-512kB/s 24/7

Advertisement