Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new 32 man ranked irish bf2 server

Options
  • 29-01-2006 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭

battlefield 2 server shared by 2 of the biggest irish css clans

[NOG] www.thenogs.com
    {Gr|M} www.grimireland.com

32 man ranked bf2 server

86.53.238.61:16567

MOD NOTE: This server is not Irish it is located in the UK

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Wow, these Irish ranked servers are popping up from everywhere now :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Airblazer

nice one..great to play against some other boards members (and by that i mean kick their ass) :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

cance wrote:
    new 32 man ranked irish bf2 server
    The server is not Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Maybe irish will invade the UK so have north back with interest ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

yes im aware its not technically in ireland, but its got pipelines into all big irish isp's.

the clans are irish and will soon be recruiting irish players.

na nah :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

cance wrote:
    yes im aware its not technically in ireland, but its got pipelines into all big irish isp's.

the clans are irish and will soon be recruiting irish players.

na nah :p

Person1: 2 + 2 = 5
    Person2: no its not. 2 + 2 = 4
    Person1: :v: na nah :P

Person3: *makes lame math joke*

Ok Server. Played a bit this evening but one of your 'regulars' was a little too fast with that punish button for my liking :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    The server is not Irish.

Considering the servers on offer from irish companies, thats a good thing.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I was on it last night, considering I racked up close to 12tks (bad and confusing night) I only got 4 punish's.

Btw has anybody ever slaped some c4 onto a jeep, make to get in then some guy hops in and drives off, then about a minute later you see you have caused 5 tks:eek: in one go. In fairness only two punished.

Not bad krazy_8 :)

I must admit that I went engineer for a change and as usual the enemy tank drivers were able to spot my mines but my own team seemed to always find them :)

4 tks ( 2 jeeps * 2 people) and only 1 punish. A record !

• Advertisement

Ok, tried this again last night and I must admit that not only was the server pretty smooth (low ping, 30 second to verify data) I created a squad, 3 NOG guys joined up and we all used VoIP. 2 more joined and while they didn't speak, they did hear what we were saying and followed verbal orders.

So far it's one of the only servers I've played on, besides Tactical amer, where the commander was also using VoIP to give each squad orders and actually speak to the squad leaders, telling them what the other squads were doing.

Well done !

Ponster wrote:
    Ok, tried this again last night and I must admit that not only was the server pretty smooth (low ping, 30 second to verify data) I created a squad, 3 NOG guys joined up and we all used VoIP. 2 more joined and while they didn't speak, they did hear what we were saying and followed verbal orders.

So far it's one of the only servers I've played on, besides Tactical amer, where the commander was also using VoIP to give each squad orders and actually speak to the squad leaders, telling them what the other squads were doing.

Well done !

well you should jump on our teamspeak m8, chat with us while playing.

we like to play as a team and win like a team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

its a good server when their's players on it... ive never seen 1 grim player on it though just nog

anyway fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

had a go last night for a few rounds and enjoyed it a lot. it's in my favs anyway. low ping (25-30) and good teams all round. astonishingly people on this server know bf2 well enough not to punish for accidental tk's.

one guy came on with a mic and was wondering why no one else was talking, so i assume usually there's good voip action going on. there was also no stupid camping for vehicles either which was nice to see

im glad you guys like it, but get on our teamspeak for full enjoyment, plus if you have any problems, questions or just fancy talking crap with the lads jump on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

KdjaC wrote:
    Considering the servers on offer from irish companies, thats a good thing.

kdjac

Meaning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Lucutus wrote:
    Meaning?

Meaning :
    [TiG] DCON V2.0 {by Gaming365}|64ms|82.195.136.136:16568
    IrishWAN Community BF2 Server|70ms|217.115.114.5:16567
    [TiG] The Irish Guard Match Server I {By Gaming365}|74ms|82.195.136.136:16569
    .:devolition.co.uk:. Battlefield 2 Server|74ms|82.195.155.15:16567
    A.S.C.I.I || 64 Player Ranked Server || Recruiting|89ms|82.195.155.9:16567
    [TiG] The Irish Guard Match Server I {By Gaming365}|9999ms|82.195.136.136:16569

And there being a grand total 3 players on the Wan (their own) server in the last week other than TIG matches, means maybe there is something not quite right about the servers on offer from Irish companies?

20+ tig, 10+ Nrg 10+1st IB /Btc all irish mixed with the 80 other frequent posters in here and noone plays on Irish servers hosted a by an irish company.

Do you not find something odd about that ?:confused:

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Aye but TiG are currently running a DOD:S server and also a TMN server. Both are being used.

Fairy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

The reason bf2 ranked servers are empty is because people aren't playing on them.

Anytime 6 tig players start one of our servers it fills up within 20 minutes. Can't speak for the rest.

I hardly think the provider is relevent to the lack of play.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

KdjaC wrote:
    20+ tig, 10+ Nrg 10+1st IB /Btc all irish mixed with the 80 other frequent posters in here and noone plays on Irish servers hosted a by an irish company.

If people stopped joining random servers and actually joined one of the Irish ones then Im sure they will fill up quite quickly. Nearly everyone in here would use The ASE to find a server to play on so Im assuming the Irish ones are going to be top of their list so if they see people on more then likely then will jump on and join them and try get the numbers up.

But as Fairy said, we [tig] only have 2 BF2 servers running atm, one is a mtch one the other is the DCON mod. DCON mod is quite popular and tis excellent to play, Id reccomend a boardsie dcon night. We also have a TrackMania and DoD:S server too open for playing does anyone wish to join in the fun.

• Advertisement

i love thread hijackers :mad:

i dont see what everyone is complaining about, our server is full whenever i log on. from 5.30-12 midnight without fail. it takes 1-2 nogs to open the server then it booms. when you bear in mind our clan members play both cs:s and bf2 religiously its actually quite impressive we can maintain a bf2 server.

just because it isnt located in ireland doesnt make it any different, we are an irish clan running 4 years, and we chose rackage because they have pipelines into irish isp's, the latency is minimal and the price was right, when i compared them to irish hosters, rackage came out on top regardless. Just look at the other big irish clans, Gr|M, IOA etc, we all use rackage as they are superior, regardless of where they are hosted.

just explaining where im coming from :D

anyways have a good day lads! :D

Advertisement