Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not my friend

Options
  • 29-01-2006 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

This may seem trivial in the extreme but this is the only place I know I can post anonymously.

I have just discovered someone has linked to my real profile as a friend. Now I don't know this person but I do know that they have been previously banned and this is a re-reg account.
    Why would anyone want to link to me like this? From their published profile I can see one thing we have in common but it is a very tenuous link and certainly not a basis for friendship. Why should I accept the link and risk my good name on boards by associating with this type of person?

This is probably a dumb topic so if its ignored fair enough.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If someone links to you, I think its more a mark that you are a "good person" than you associate with bad people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Why not just ignore it instead of worry/think about it?

If it persists, report it...not really a big deal though is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Has happened to me and ppl addin themself to my msn.... It was weird the guy started askin me loads of personal question etc.... Needless to say i blocked him...But there is one or two that added me that i talk to now and then. But there are a few weirdo's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 freebird

but noone can add themself to your msn without you first being asked to approve or disapprove them .... so if they're there it's because you approved them to appear there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Feel free to pm me this phoenix's current username in total confidence :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Some people just go a bit heavy with the friends linking.

Look at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/friends.php?u=374 a lot of the people there can't stand Bubbles, never mind consider him a friend.

If you aren't linking to the person, then it doesn't mean much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

I have people linked to me I have never heard of and more importantly I am linked to people I have no memory of linking too

I wouldn't take it that seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I agree with what Wicknight said.

a) It means nothing
    and
    b) Them linking to you in no way reflects on you

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

WhyPickMe wrote:
    This may seem trivial in the extreme but this is the only place I know I can post anonymously.

I have just discovered someone has linked to my real profile as a friend. Now I don't know this person but I do know that they have been previously banned and this is a re-reg account.
    Why would anyone want to link to me like this? From their published profile I can see one thing we have in common but it is a very tenuous link and certainly not a basis for friendship. Why should I accept the link and risk my good name on boards by associating with this type of person?

This is probably a dumb topic so if its ignored fair enough.

perhaps they also enjoy getting upset over trivial things?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Wicknight wrote:
    I have people linked to me I have never heard of

Cyberstalkers! W00t!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

All the fun of regular stalking but without all that hassle of squatting in the bushes in the cold wind and rain realising you forgot to pack your lunch and tea flask.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Probably one of Bubble's many aliases. I have him linking to me a few times. It was so he could send out those newsletters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Stark wrote:
    ...newsletters.

Do tell.

Only one person has added me as a friend, and I've no idea who they are. I doubt he'd have added me if he actually read my posts, tho; he seems to be a fan of Mr Adams.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I miss the newsletters :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Em, the add to friends link when you click there username or in their profile there is also a link. I only add the hot girls to mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Em, the add to friends link when you click there username or in their profile there is also a link. I only add the hot girls to mine.
    Damn lesbians stealing all our women.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

See my tagline. gg thx pld.

nxt map?

Advertisement