Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Just modified this morning

Options
  • 29-01-2006 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

Anyone like my modification that i did this morning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Yeah the peg holder definitly suits the clothes line

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Nice...:) What is it? An Almera/Primera?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

99 primera,skidded on ice hit a wall

99 primera,skidded on ice hit a wall
    Hard luck man....looks like a write off 2 me. Nobody hurt I hope...did the airbags deploy?

yep,smells like gunpowder

• Advertisement

Oh also, presuming your car had ABS, did it actually hinder you from stopping? ABS on ice I'm assuming would keep detecting that the wheels are slipping and release the braking pressure. I know on ice you are meant to stand up on the brakes in the hope that your tyres will dig in....doesn't ABS prevent this

it has(had) ABS but in fairness the pads were a bit worn.
    I was doing about 50mph coming into a 30 zone just touched the brakes gently and she skidded out from behind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 alan1978

Hard luck mate, it happens to the best of us. Looks better than some of the cars fitted with ugly body kits. Why they continue modifying their cars is beyond me, they are going to be banned by the government very soon.

alan1978 wrote:
    Hard luck mate, it happens to the best of us. Looks better than some of the cars fitted with ugly body kits. Why they continue modifying their cars is beyond me, they are going to be banned by the government very soon.
    Cheers man,i always wanted a modified car wuu huu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

alan1978 wrote:

nope not anymore , that was callelys (sp) idea but when he resigned they dropped the plans thank god

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

When braking in icey weather never use the brakes, i always use the gears (engine) breaking. Meaning if i need to slow down i go down the gears.

This way the wheels are still turning thus providing what little grip there is.

By braking you transfer weight to the front of the car increasing the grip and thus the rear end loses grip and spins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

alan1978 wrote:

Yes, hard luck OP - ice and walls are a bad combination, however you don't seem to be hurt and that is the main thing.

As for alan1978, unfortunately communism didn't take on and hopefully you will move to China to spend time with people who share your fondness for diesel Ventos and governments who decide how you should look.

Oh, hey imeddyhobbs - who owns the bra on the washing line behind your car and can I have it? ;)

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

alan1978 wrote:
    Looks better than some of the cars fitted with ugly body kits. Why they continue modifying their cars is beyond me

Please dont come onto the Modified Cars section of Boards with those kind of comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

its a very cheap modification.people spends loadz of money and u did it for free:D

drdre wrote:
    its a very cheap modification.people spends loadz of money and u did it for free:D

It was'nt free,only had 3rd party fire and theft,i wont get a penny for it from the insurance company

Advertisement