Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Number Portability Evil Rumour

Options
  • 29-01-2006 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭

I read some place that Eircom are now NOT letting you transfer your existing number to an alternate supplier.
    (i.e. Digiweb Metro, Magnet etc, were you probabily want to cancel the Eircom line).

Is this true?

Are they allowed?

Who decides it costs 50 Euro?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Maybe a variation on a theme of the Smart broadband saga. Doesn't seem to be any problem porting number to the likes of Blueface. No fee either. Not that I've heard of anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

It's only when the line is being LLUd.

It is true. Smart & Magnet have this problem. Digiweb Metro & Blueface don't appear to (because the line is being ceased, not unbunlded). Eircom claim that they use the phone number to identify the physical line (even though 2 different engineers have told me otherwise).

They are allowed (as there's no proper LLU framework in place, despite LLU being introduced years ago).

Eircom decide, having reached agreement with ComReg.

I presume it's obvious who's to blame here!

.cg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Digiweb charge 50 Euro and have a form you send them (for Metro only)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

watty wrote:
    Digiweb charge 50 Euro and have a form you send them (for Metro only)

It does cost €50 however Blueface do not charge you this.

Advertisement